Chapter 9

A few weeks After Sabre and the others managed to escape the Nightmare Dimension, Lucas looked at Rainbow Steve in curiosity. After awhile, Lucas pulled Rainbow Steve into a private conversation. "Alright, who are you, cause we didn't use the Rainbow Stone to escape the Nightmare dimension, we used the Shadow Stone to escape." Lucas said to Rainbow Steve seriously, said Steve looked at Lucas in surprise. "Wait, you remember the past timeline?" Now it was Lucas who looked surprised, making sure that the others didn't hear them talk. Lucas looked at Rainbow Steve very much puzzled. "Lucas, you remember the past timeline? How?" The rainbow-clad Steve asked in confusion. Lucas sighed, he wasn't expecting this to actually happen.

So, Rainbow Steve explained everything to Lucas as to what had been happening.

*Time Skip brought to you by Beemare*

1 hour later...

After most of the Rainbow town was finished being built, Lucas and Rainbow Steve talked about the things they remember and not remember on the past timeline. "So basically, you and some other Steve that I may not have met quite, yet are also Guardian/Saviors too?" Lucas clarified, Rainbow Steve nodded. "Yep, that's about it, although from what the others told me, Origin Steve was in particular unstable back then cause of their powers and the fact they haven't really known much about emotions." Rainbow Steve told him, Lucas hummed. "I see, I wasn't expecting that to actually happened, I mean, I can understand the whole emotions issues, but boy was that a complete 160." Lucas said with a sigh, he then looked over at Sabre and flub, talking to one another as normal, he then smiled. "Hey, I know you have a thing for Sabre, but do you think it would be a good idea if I was to I don't know, even allowed you to even date her?" Lucas said to Rainbow Steve with a sudden glare that sends Rainbow steve shivers down his back.

"Uhh, Lucas why are you suddenly scary?" Rainbow Steve nervously asked, Lucas stopped glaring and just shrugged. "Ehh, who knows, but I don't trust this timeline and I know I could trust you around Sabre, but with how things are at the moment, I don't think it's best that I should give you my blessing for Sabre." Lucas answered with a slight bored tone, Rainbow Steve sighed in relief. Suddenly Sabre appeared out of nowhere with a smile. "Hey guys what are you guys talking about?" Rainbow Steve and Lucas jumped by Sabre's sudden appearance. "Sabre can you not do that?" Lucas said with an unimpressed look, Sabre sheepishly smiled. "Sorry Lucas, but you two had been talking for hours, so me and Flub got bored." Sabre answered, Rainbow Steve shook his head, he sorta forgot that Sabre could get bored like right now.

"Don't worry Sabre, we were just talking about some stuff for the town we're building." Lucas said with a reassuring smile, Sabre hummed, not believing Lucas, then shrugged. Rainbow Steve sweat dropped a little by Sabre just suddenly be understanding. "Well, whatever it is you guys are talking about, it's probably more or less just about some random stuff. Imma go get some resources, we were running low, but uh, do any of you both have an axe and a pickaxe?" Sabre then asked the two, Rainbow Steve gave Sabre a normal pickaxe while Lucas gave her a normal axe. "Try not to hurt yourself with the axe, like last time." Lucas said sternly, Sabre glared at him, while Rainbow Steve looks amused, Flub just looks unimpressed.

Sabre then went into the forest to get the said resources, once Sabre left, Flub went over to the others. "So, Lucas were you telling Rainbow Steve about the whole timeline?" He asked, Lucas shook his head. "Not exactly, apparently Rainbow Steve and a few others knew about it, more so than us. Although Rainbow Steve told me that there is some sort of enemy hidden in the shadows hidden behind the scene." Lucas answered, Rainbow Steve nodded in confirmation. "Yeah, although I'm pretty sure the others are more or less busy with getting another one of our friends, not sure what they're up to right about now though." Rainbow Steve said, then looks up at the sky, curious as to what they're doing right now.