Chapter 9

Skylar's p.o.v

Well whatever Autumn did worked. Today was December 5th. It was also Calum and I's one month anniversary. It was weird at first. People at school would give us weird looks. They would even still try to hit on Calum. Ashton, Michael and Luke didn't stop being friends with Calum when he told them we were together. They still are rude to me though. They just do it behind Calum's back most of the time. Right now I was getting ready for our date. We were going out for dinner and then Calum bought us tickets to go see the band Waterparks. I was excited because they are one of my favourite bands! I'm not sure how much Calum likes then though. I went through my closet to get my outfit. I was going to wear light blue skinny jeans and my Fandom long sleeve shirt. I then did my makeup and hair. Once I was finished I walked downstairs.

Harlow: Where are you going?

Skylar: It's Calum and I's one month anniversary.

Lyla: You look a little under dressed for a date.

Skylar: We are going to a concert. I am supposed to wear this stuff.

Ethan: Well have a good time.

Skylar: Thanks.

I saw Calum's car pull into the driveway. I left the house before he could get to the door so that he didn't have to talk to my parents. Right now it was 4:00. The concert started at 8:00. It is in Manhattan and that is about an hour away from our houses.

Calum: Happy one month babe!

He kissed me and handed me a bouquet of roses and a cute stuffed animal. I kissed him back and handed him his gift. I had no idea what to get him. He insisted that he wanted nothing but I felt bad. So I went the practical route and got him a guitar strap for his bass. He was saying a week earlier that his other one broke. He thanked me and then we got into the car.

Calum: So did you want to decide where we eat?

Skylar: Well by the time we get to Manhattan it will be 5:00. We then have 2 hours to eat and get to the venue. If we stop my McDonald's that would be fine with me.

Calum: Ok.

Once we got to Manhattan we made sure we knew where the venue for the concert was. We then drove to McDonald's. Calum parked the car and got out running over to my side. He opened the door and helped me up. I thanked him and held his hand as we walked inside.

Worker: Welcome to McDonald's what could I get you?

Calum: Vanessa?.

Worker: Calum what are you doing in Manhattan? I thought you moved to East Hills.

Calum: I did. I'm here tonight with my girlfriend to go see a concert.

Worker: Oh hi I'm Vanessa. Calum and I used to go to school together.

Skylar: I'm Skylar.

Worker: So I won't interrupt your date any longer. What could I get you?

Skylar: A 10 pack of chicken nuggets with fries and a small drink please.

Calum: I'll get a big mac with fries and a medium drink please.

Worker: That will be $12.50 how will you be paying?

Skylar: Debit.

Calum: It's ok babe i'm paying.

Skylar: You already spent a lot of money on the tickets. So i'm getting supper.

Before Calum could argue I used the tap on my debit card and paid for our food. He thanked me and we moved over to the other side to wait. Once our food was ready he picked up the tray and took it to a booth. We left our food to fill up our drinks and grab ketchup and vinegar. When we came back we sat down. While we ate we took pictures of each other.

Calum: I'm making this one my lock screen!

He turned his phone around showing the picture of me stuffing a chicken nugget into my mouth. Luckily for me I had a few pictures I took of him that would make great lock screens. After we finished eating we left the restaurant and got back into the car. We drove to the concert and parked the car. The doors were already open so we walked inside with our tickets and got in line. Once we were in we got to our seats. I was surprised when I realized how close we were to the stage.

*********************************************************************

The concert was amazing and we both had a great time. It was now 9:30 so we got into the car and drove back home.

Calum: Well that was fun!

Skylar: Thanks for taking me!

Calum: No problem babe. Happy one month!

Skylar: Happy one month!

We kissed and then I walked inside my house. I walked upstairs to my bedroom and finished the homework that was due tomorrow. I then decided to go to bed.