Chapter 13

Skylar's p.o.v

Today was Valentines Day. Calum told me he had something planned. He was picking me up in 2 hours so I have to get ready. I still needed to have a shower. Once I was out of the shower I dried my hair and went to my closet to get my outfit. I was wearing a dark red long sleeve mid length dress with black tights underneath since it is freezing outside. Once I was dressed I curled my hair and started doing my make up. I just did lipstick, eyeliner, mascara and a little bit of blush.

I checked the clock and it was now 5:45. I was getting a bit worried. Owen's babysitter hasn't shown up yet. I was the only one home. My dad and Lyla are spending the night an hour away in Manhattan. Harlow is on a date with Ashton and Brooklyn is spending the night with her boyfriend. I grabbed my phone and started texting my dad.

Skylar: Do you have the number for the babysitter? She hasn't show up yet.

Dad: Lyla does. She's texting it to you right now.

Skylar: Ok thanks dad.

I waited for Lyla to text me. Once I got the number I called it and waited for someone to pick up.

Skylar: Hi Hannah this is Skylar Wright. You are supposed to be babysitting my younger brother Owen. Are you still coming?

Hannah: I told Lyla that I had plans and wouldn't be able to babysit tonight like last week Skylar.

Skylar: Oh ok bye.

I hung up the phone and then immediately called Lyla.

Lyla: Yes Skylar?

Skylar: So I just talked to Hannah. She said she told you a week ago that she couldn't babysit. Since Harlow and Brooklyn are already gone I have to stay behind and babysit him. Calum took time to plan a nice thing for me and you just had to ruin that!

Lyla: Skylar I swear I didn't do this on purpose!

Skylar: Yeah sure. Have a nice date. I hung up the phone and saw Owen standing behind me. Shit that means he probably heard that whole phone call.

Owen: Where is Hannah?

Skylar: She's not coming.

Owen: Sorry that I ruined your date with Calum. I am almost 11 and can manage staying home alone for 3 hours. 

Skylar: Buddy it's not your fault. Plus I know you can take care of yourself. Half the time when we babysit you we are in completely different parts of the house alone anyway. 

After Owen and I finished talking he grabbed his snacks and went down to the basement to isolate himself and play video games. I then heard a knock on the door. I went to open it knowing it was Calum.

Calum: Happy Valentines Day babe!

Skylar: Happy Valentines Day Cal!

He held out a teddy bear and box of chocolates. I kissed him and then brought him inside.

Calum: So are you ready to go?

Skylar: So something happened with Owen's babysitter and she wasn't able to make it. No one else is here so I have to babysit.

Calum: Oh.

Skylar: I'm really sorry. I know you probably spent all week planning tonight.

Calum: It's ok Skylar. 

Skylar: Why don't we reschedule our date for tomorrow night?

Calum: That's fine with me.

I said goodnight to Calum and then he left. I took off my high heals and at down on the couch to watch netfix.

*************************************************************

It was now 7:00 and I was deciding on what I was going to make Owen and I for supper. As I got up to go to the kitchen the doorbell rang. I opened the door and saw Calum standing there with a bouquet of roses and a pizza box.

Skylar: Cal what are you doing back here?

Calum: I decided since you can't go out for Valentines day that I would bring Valentines Day to you.

Skylar: Aww that's so sweet. I love you.

Calum: I love you too.

Calum's p.o.v

After Skylar told me that she couldn't go on our date I knew she felt bad. I called her favourite pizza place and then went to a flower shop to buy roses. Once I picked up the pizza I drove back home and walked over to her house. I then rang the doorbell.

Skylar's p.o.v

I let Calum in and closed the door behind him. 

Skylar: Owen come here!

Owen came upstairs from the basement and I have him a few slices of pizza before sending him back down.

Calum: So what did you want to do?

Skylar: Well i'm hungry so let's eat and watch netflix.

Calum: Sounds good.

We brought the pizza over to the living room and then decided on what movie to watch on netflix. After watching a few movies we went to my room.

Calum: Babe are you sure Owen won't be able to hear us?

Skylar: He is wearing headphones and is 2 floors below us.

After taking our clothes off we made our way to my bed. You can probably guess what happened next.