Chapter 1 (A "Perfect" Girl)

I remember that day, it was my birthday actually. The sun Broke into rays of light as it rose slowly over the great metallic walls of the town.
I woke up to the smell of fresh morning dew from last nights rain, it was just moments before I decided to finally force myself to rise from bed for the daily curfew was over on my shelf taunting me with the time of 6:30. Giving myself ten minutes to brush my hair, And dress myself with a pair of skinny jeans, and a Yellow T-shirt. And with that I looked at the mirror, And tried to smile...but somehow couldn't.
As a marched down stairs, the first thing my eyes focused on was my cat "Berry" He was being the little fool like always...rolling on the ground, and stretching, it Always made me smile. "Good morning Kira!" My dad said as he to came down from the stairs. I stepped aside before he ran into me. "Good morning dad" I responded flashing a smile.
I continued over to the kitchen table where my older sister Katie was setting the table, Katie looked at me and smiled a hello like face. I smiled back before heading over to my seat, my mother walked over to me and gave me a warm hug. "Happy Birthday" my sister said walking up to me in a weird but silly way,
I laughed and hugged her. " Thank you" I said smiling at her. "Katie dear" my mother said "be a sweetheart and go get the eggs out of the fridge" she said. My sister nodded and walked away to go get the eggs. My mother then looked at the time and started to get back to work. "So ahah dose the little lady have planned for her 17th Birthday?" My father asked as he walked into the dining room and sat at the end of the table. " Well I was thinking" I started to say before being cut off by my fathers annoying laugh. "Think?...women don't think, you idiot" he scoffed. My mother, sister and I all looked at each other before letting out the sounds of polite fake laughter from our drowned lungs. " I for a fact know that you will be in the church to take your first test." He said clapping his hands together in delight. My face soon then turned from a ray of light to a bitter frowned tone. "Yeah, the c-church" I said crossing my arms together and looking towards the wall at a family portrait from when I was a little girl. " George, Suppose she is too undereducated?" My mother said waking up behind me and placing a warm embraced hand on my shoulder. " Like those two Disgusting homosexuals that went to school with our perfect children!!" My father shouted, "No, I refuse to believe that our daughter is like those Disgusting, good for nothing, confused abominations!" He shrieked. Both me and my sister stepped back, I remembered what happened to my very best friends and how they didn't deserve it. The sounds of polite agreement filled the room as my sister and mother only pretended to agree with fathers statement. I stood silent while my father looked at me, " Am I a Liar?" He asked in a pressure like way. I wanted to disagree with home so badly, how I had the urge to throw a book at him and tell him how wrong he is. But I only restrained myself from my urges to let out a small lie, "your right father" I said with a fake smile. Fathers eyes widened with pride, " I think so too" he continued before walking away. My mother passed me as she followed him, likewise with my sister. My smile still remained as tears were almost seen trying to break free of the prison and wash done my face. " Your right father" Where the words that circled around my head over and over, That was a lie that destroyed me...i fell to the floor In tears.
All the lies I tell my father, I want to tell the truth but those words are like knifes thag cut my
Skin if I don't say those words. "Your right father".
I soon look at the clock...oh...look...it's 7:30...time for school.
I get up and dry the tears from my cold face, as I walk over to grab my jacket and car keys, it felt as if I lost all the energy to carry on any longer.
I place my jacket on my body and place my keys in my pocket.
But The most destroying thing I have to wear no matter how I ever feel it will fell...is my Figurative mask. I put on my fake smile, my fake happiness.
               And There goes that "Perfect" Girl....
____________________________________
                             To be continued...

By Amber Lee Anderson.