Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Five days and café visits later, Róisín found herself in One Direction's flat.

She still wasn't convinced that they were all wholly sane, either.

She had actually been invited over by Harry, much to her surprise, since they had only texted each other a grand total of four times (mainly Harry, just texting her to make sure Niall was actually with her, since he had a bad habit of not telling them when he left for the café). As soon as she had walked through the door, she had been pushed into the kitchen and shown where all the food was, and been told to make them dinner. When she had glanced at Liam-the sanest one, she thought-he had just shrugged and said that Niall had mentioned that she liked to cook. Then he had smiled and walked away, joining the rest of the boys in the living room to watch a movie.

Damn the Irish leprechaun for spilling her secret.

Thirty minutes had passed and the boys were watching a movie, and Róisín was slaving away in the kitchen making pasta, some salad, and a whole lot of cookies. They were chocolate chip cookies, extra large, and would be so fresh when they came out of the oven that the chocolate chips would still be melted and hot and gooey in their mouths.

She grinned to herself.

"What're you making?" a voice behind her said.

"Go away Niall, you have to wait to eat with everyone else," she said, adding sugar to the mix.

She didn't even have to turn around to know he was pouting. "How'd you know it was me?" he asked.

This time she did turn around, and gave him a look. "You're the only one with an Irish accent, leprechaun." That's what she called him. For some reason, she couldn't bring herself to say his name.

"Hey, you have one too, Roo!" he protested. He had given her that lovely name in retaliation.

She rolled her eyes and turned back to the batter, cracking the eggs on the side of the bowl and adding them.

"Hey...are you making cookies?"

So much for keeping Niall out of the kitchen.

She could hear his footsteps as he came up behind her and reached around her, seizing the bag of chocolate chips and running out of the kitchen.

"Hey! Bring them back!" she whined, running after him.

She ran into the living room where the lads were all crowded around the telly watching Toy Story (it was Liam's day to choose the movie, she guessed) and followed Niall into the next room, where she had seen a flash of the light blue polo he was wearing disappear into.

She closed the door behind her in case he though of escaping without her notice.

Silly leprechaun.

"Really, Roo, do you think I'll give them back?" He grinned at her, showing his perfect braces.

She placed her hands on her hips, and pursed her lips, watching him as he sat in the big comfy chair, his legs up over the arm, smirking at her, the chocolate chips bag cradled in his arms.

"Yes, Niall, you will, because without them you have no chocolate chip cookies," she said, tapping her foot impatiently. His smirk instantly became a pout.

"Can I at least have...some? A handful?"

Róisín could not say 'no' to that puppy-dog face.

"Fine, you nasty leprechaun. You can help." She turned on her heel, not even listening to his cheers of joy.