CHAPTER TWENTY SIX.

26
********

The fire going on, in the fireplace was loosening up and calming me as I cuddled on the sofa alone waiting for John to come back home, he was supposed to be back already since he left early this morning to attend one meeting with his clients.

He was not supposed to be out for so long, ok wait, it's not that I had a problem about him being out, it's just that it was so unusual of him not telling me of his whereabouts and the reason he would be coming home late, which also didn't happen frequently.

I had been waiting on that couch until my butt hurt so I decided to go to bed without him, but the other part of me was uneasy because I had tried so many times to call him and all I received was a voice mail.

Worried as I was I picked myself up and headed to our bedroom after I had put the fire off and any other appliances that needed to be put off at night. I double-checked my phone just to be assured that he really didn't get back to me or maybe it was my mistake.

Again I dialled his number and the similar thing goes on, which angered me, somehow. Seriously I didn't know whether I had to report him as a missing person or just wait for that 24 hours they always mentioned.

After I had switched off the bedroom lights, obviously as a sign of going to bed. I tossed and turned on the lonely and cold bed thinking about my love if he was alright where ever he was. This was the first and hopefully the last.

After what felt like hours of tossing and turning my eyes shut close and I was eventually dragged to dreamland.

*DREAMING*

- my wedding gown hugged me flawlessly, the whole venue was decorated with white mainly, everyone else was dressed in white as well making the day to be even brighter in my eyes. Warm and perfect weather for my perfect day.

Beautiful flowers around.

I steadily strolled down the aisle along with my dad on my right side me, chaperoning me to my future. I could hear muffled voices whispering 'she's so beautiful' and more which I couldn't hear properly the moment I got closer and closer to my husband to be who was alluring more than ever on his black tuxedos, a little bit of white here and there.

Handsome.

His hair was perfectly trimmed his blue eyes glint of excitement and filled with love, the minute he landed his eyes on me as I was coming slowly to his direction. He was nervous I could tell by his glowing forehead, of sweat.

Once my dad had given me away and after all the formality has been done, both John and I were standing in front of the priest, holding hands as he spoke. The sparks were meandering all over my body just like the first time I met him, the day when he brought my shoe I remember I couldn't control myself I really fell in love at a first sight.

"Is there anyone here who doesn't want the two to be wedded, speak now or forever hold your peace?" the priest finally asked the most question after the rest, you know which. He asked loud and clear My eyes widen from the hearing of a squeaky voice that shouted from the crowd.

The whole crowd gaped, everyone's jaws dropped. My blood pressure increased from the earshot of that.

"I'm here, sir! This is not right and it will never be right. Ask me why-" the women in white, like everyone else, spoke with confidence. "Why?" The priest asked with his eyebrows furrowed "sir! Those two are not supposed to be marrying each other, Never!" The women proceeded with another scream.

"They are brother and sister, here see it yourself," she said as she gave emphasis to the newspaper that she was holding up on the air. I squinted my gaze and noticed both my facial features and John's along with his dad and my mom.