Pub Chatter 6th Edition - March 15, 2020

A Message from Bill

A Message from Bill

It is as though we have awaken from a dream and began living a nightmare.

As many of us try to come to grips with the pandemic that is circling the world, I am sure that many of us are looking at a future that is uncertain. While this virus continues to push its way into our lives, in ways that many of us never expected possible, we have to hold true to what is important to us.

And the top of that list is family.

I know, for my own priority, my family comes first. Their health and their well being is the most important thing in my life right now and my full attention and concentration is diverted to them. As I watch the world around me change, I realize that it is up to me to keep their world as familiar as possible.

I know many of you out there are feeling the same way.

It is probably the biggest challenge that the world has face in many years and it is made even more dire, as it is an uncertain and incurable enemy. An enemy that knows no boarders, no color, no nationality, no gender, no religion.

It is a true world wide enemy.

But it, like so many enemies in the past, will fall by the wayside and in the end, we, as a human race will survive and hopefully come out much stronger. It is what we are and what we will be.

We, here at the Poets Pub are also family. And while we all face this enemy with the help of our families, we must not forget that we have built a much larger and diverse family here at the Pub. A family that spans the entire globe and knows no gender, no color, no nationality, no boarders and no religion.

We are a true world wide family.

In this time of uncertainty and insecurities, I think that it is important that we remember our Pubber family and perhaps find a moment to say a prayer for the 6000+ people that make up this family. Just a few moments to remember that no matter what ...

we are not alone.

I have always felt a closeness to all those here at the Pub and at this moment in history I want to remind each and every one of you that no matter what, you still hold a place in my mind and my heart and my thoughts and best wishes are for you and your immediate families.

It is truly a time for the world to come together.

Let's do our part and show what it means to be a Pubber and a member of the Poets Pub family.