Pub Chatter 6th Edition - April 19, 2020

A Message from Bill

A Message from Bill

Spring has sprung, as the saying goes and the warmer weather comes a a long sigh of relief for those who have been trapped inside during this period of isolation.

But as the suns rays offer us some warm hope, we must still be aware of the dangers that still encompass the earth.

I know we have been bombarded with nothing else but the news of C-19 and we all realized that the dangers are still there. The warmer weather and sunshine are not going to eliminate this thing. It is up to all of us, as a global community to eradicate this thing. We must all do our part and practise the simple things, like washing our hands and social distancing and staying in our homes, unless otherwise necessary.

But at the same time we must step back from this constant barrage and look at the world a different way. Look at it through the eyes of a Poet.

There is still beauty and goodness that surrounds us and now, more than ever before in our lives, we must strive to find that beauty and goodness and express it through our words. Turn off the news and turn on the world again. Look at it in a light that you have never looked at it before. Find that inspiration in the simple things and share that inspiration with others.

We all need an escape, especially now. We all need that special place that we can go to, if only for a few moments, so that we can reflect on what is still good and beautiful in the world.

This C-19 pandemic has put us all in jail cells of one kind or another. Lets open those door for a few moments and walk away from all the negative and find some positive again.

With that in mind, I am offering up my 2nd Founder's Challenge, 'Escape'.

I am asking every Pubber to take a moment, go to that special place and share it with us.

I have placed no limits or restrictions for this challenge.

I would also like to take this time, once again to thank my dear friend and the heart and soul of the Poets Pub, MystresMyna

The last month or so has been very trying and stressful for me and my family as we, like so many others, deal with the reality, the fears and the uncertainty of the C-19 virus.