CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Namjoon was sitting in his study, looking over the files of information he had collected on Necro so far

Namjoon was sitting in his study, looking over the files of information he had collected on Necro so far. Every event where he was present, every attack he caused, every injury and casualty brought on by his hand. He had all the information he could possibly need, except for the most important thing; a reason why.

Necro wasn't someone who appeared to have a need to cause chaos for the sole reason of causing chaos. He had a vendetta, whatever that may be. There was one thing that Namjoon hadn't been able to get out of his head since he heard it. Back when Necro had taken Yoongi — I have taken something you care about from you, just like you did a year ago. I want you to know how it feels to know you can't do anything to save someone, to feel helpless.

But what he meant by that was unknown to Namjoon. No matter how much he thought about it, no matter how far back he went into his memory he couldn't think of the reason Necro was talking about. He didn't even know who Necro was, or at least didn't know who he really was. His real name and history was nothing but a blank page to Namjoon, and he knew he needed answers or else he would never understand. If he could figure out who Necro was before he was Necro, the possibility of figuring out how to stop him grew.

Obviously the reason he was talking about was related to him. It didn't add up if it were directed towards Jungkook, he hadn't been Spider-man long enough or had any significant run ins with someone such as Necro before. This was directed towards something Namjoon had done, either directly or indirectly. But, why use Jungkook and Yoongi to go after Namjoon when there were more obvious ways to immediately get revenge against whatever it was he wanted revenge over?

Wondering what he had done, or didn't do, was enough to keep Namjoon thinking and made it difficult for him to focus on anything else. The only thing running through his brain was Necro, and maybe that's what Necro wanted. To be known, to never be forgotten, to have a legacy.

He had called in all his favours, asked everyone who might have any information, scoured through every file in his database and still, nothing. No one knew who Necro was and Namjoon had zero information on who he could possibly be, no leads, no evidence, no theories. For the first time in Namjoon's life, he felt completely clueless. Out of all the things he had accomplished, everything he had done that seemed impossible, this was the first time he had felt lost.

He groaned, leaning back in his chair and rubbing his hands over his face. The light of the monitors in front of him paired with the overthinking had caused a headache to develop. He almost didn't hear Seokjin enter the room until he had placed a cup of coffee on his desk along with a couple of Tylenol. "How do you know exactly what I need without asking?" Namjoon mumbled as Seokjin placed a soft kiss on his forehead.

"Call it a lover's intuition. And knowing you only grumble to yourself when you're frustrated. How long have you been staring at the same screen?"

"Too long. What time is it anyway?"