.1.

Cover art by me  ^

- Jaymee  KeAria Jones -

I was first diagnosed with cancer at the age of seventeen, I'm twenty now but back in the Children's hospital as of two weeks ago.

My cancer came back, but in different form.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

"You going to group" Nurse Mariana asks as I sit up in my hospital bed, my service dog Blaire shifting to get comfortable again.

Mari's one of my favorite nurses. She's super nice, and has been with me since day one.

"I have nothing better to do, I can't really do much of what I'd like to do" I remark.

"It should be fun, if I'm not mistaken they are bringing art supplies for painting." Mari says taking my vitals.

"Hows Ava" I ask.

Ava's her daughter, I've met her a few times. Mari would bring her to keep me company on occasion, that was until I beat my cancer, at least we thought I did.

"Shes good. She's growing up so fast, shes a freshman this year" Mari says with the biggest smile.

"How you feeling today KeAria" my adoptive mother asks as her and my adoptive father walk in.

Yep, you read that right.

I'm adopted.

"I'm ok, just going to group for a half hour be back soon. I love you guys." I reply getting up and heading to the room we always meet in.

When I get there I'm greeted by a few of my new friends, Tori and Riley.

Well Tori I knew from last time I was here, shes been here a while.

Riley's nineteen, and Tori's seventeen almost eighteen

"Hey Aria" Tori says excitedly as we take our seats.

"Heyo" Riley says reaching down and petting Blaire.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

- Tayler Holder -

"Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to come meet this young women" the lady taking us around says as we head to the elevators, before she presses the button.

"Wish I had gotten to the email and was able to reply sooner" I reply as we finally hop onto the elevator,  the lady pressing the number 12 button.

"This is Mariana, one of the nurses who has been invested in Jaymees care, she will be able to help you until I get back, I have a meeting." the woman says before walking away, back the way we came.

"Hi, I'm Tayler" I say shaking her hand.

"Make a Wish reach out to you?" Mariana asks as we walk down a long hallway.

"Awhile ago actually, glad I could still meet this girl, wish it were under better circumstances than this however." I reply.

"Her first time here, she would not stop watching YouTube, and musically, and that's I assume how she became a fan of yours" Mariana states as we walk into a room with only an older woman sitting on the couch. "Elza, KeAria's got a visitor, make a wish made her wish come true. Do you know where she is?"

"She should be back in fifteen minutes from group" Elza replies. Clearing off the rest of the couches for us to sit. "Here take a seat"

"So how old is your daughter" I ask sitting beside Elza.

"Shes twenty currently but was first diagnosed at the age of seventeen" Elza replies as we continue talking for a bit.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

- Jaymee KeAria Jones -

I'm walking back from group with Blaire, and upon entering my room I see my mom with the biggest smile on her face.

Suspicious

Very suspicious.

"What's got you so happy" I laugh taking Blaires harness and leash off, putting them on my side table.

"You know how Make a Wish worked with us well tried?" My mother asks.

"Yeah, it never worked out, no big deal" I say hanging up a Polaroid of Blaire and I that Tori took during group.

"What did you wish for" she asks.

" Seventeen year old me, hell I still do wanna meet Tayler Holder, why are you bringing this up" I ask confused

"I heard my name! Did you say my name? Cause someone said it" the Tayler Holder jokes entering my hospital room.

"Your kidding" I laugh.

"Sorry I couldn't have met ya sooner the email, and phone calls never made it to me or I would've been here when you first made the wish" Tayler says shaking my hand. "Mind if I vlog? Share your story"

"My life is an open book my adoptive sister and I have a YouTube channel, we started a year and a half ago after I beat the cancer the first time" I laugh.

Noella is missing out.

"Cool" he says setting up his camera. "What's your guys channel"

"Jaymee and Noella Vlog" I laugh. "Very original"

"Honey I know you just got back from group but I have to pick up Jason and take him to Texas for that competition for Basketball" my mom says with a small smile. 

"Its okay, tell him I say hi" I reply as she grabs her jacket and purse and heads out.

He was always the one who got the most approval from our parents.

"You know what I don't think I'll vlog this" Tayler says as I hop onto my bed.

"You sure?" I ask

"Yeah that way I  can get to know you first" Tayler replies

A/N thank you dorkymanfs for encouraging me to publish this. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have. Love you all 💗