.4.

- Jaymee KeAria Jones -

Tayler, Chase, Charli, Addison, Avani, Anthony, Bryce, and I were down in the kitchen/ lounge hanging out.

"Food should be done in 15 max" I say to the group talking on the sofas.

"Need any help" Tayler asks walking over.

"No I should be able to manage this" I reply as I grab a cutting board to start cutting the lettuce and onion.

He hops up on the counter beside me.

"Wanna talk about what was bugging you yesterday" he asks as I start cutting the onion.

"Tayler it doesn't matter" I say pausing to look up at him.

"Even though I just met you a few days ago I really do care about you" he says hoping down, standing beside me.

"Guys food is ready" I yell as they all come racing over.

"This looks amazing" Anthony says as I smile.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

We all went up to the lounge on the floor I was staying on and had begun a game of Uno.

"There you are, Jaymee can I talk to you for a second" Dr. Hill says poking her head into the room.

"Be right back" I say setting my cards down and walking out with Dr. Hill "what's up"

"Tori won't be doing Cemo with you on Monday, something happened" Dr. Hill says.

"Shes ok though right?" I ask

"You know I can't tell you the status of another patient" she replies.

"Then why did you even come talk to me" I retort angrily crossing my arms.

"oh wait you don't know that either do you" I say with a raised voice before heading back into the lounge.

God I hate this place.

All you do is feel sad and sick.

"You good" Charli asks.

"Honestly" I say sighing "No"

"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want too" Bryce says with a reassuring smile.

"I'm scheduled and supposed to go for Chemo on Monday with my friend Tori. And the Dr. that just came to talk to me. She said that something happened and that I'd be on my own, of course pulling the I can't talk about the status of other patients card" I explain. "Shes my friend and I'm scared I'm gonna lose her. Shes a really cool girl, and I don't know how I'm gonna handle another loss"

"Is that why you shut Noella out" Addison asks.

"Last time when I was struggling with Chemo she got really depressed I don't want that to happen again" I sigh.

"She really cares about you, shes just worried" Charli adds in.

"The fact that it might not even work, and that I might only have a year and a half left on this earth is what I'm trying to figure out how to tell her. If they don't find a pair of lungs that match" I explain holding back tears. "If they don't find a pair of lungs that match I'm gonna die, I'll just be another patient that couldn't be saved"

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

The next day I went to visit Tori and she wasn't there.

"Where is she" I ask a nurse.

"She didnt make it" the nurse replies, going back to typing on her computer.

That's a lie.

It has to be.

Tori was fine just a few days ago.

I go into her room, what was her room, it already was started to get cleared out.

They were already getting it ready for just another sick kid.

I end up sitting on the floor and just look down at the floor.

Flashback:

"What ya doing?" Tori asks as I'm folding a paper crane.

"I'm making you a lucky crane chain" I reply holding up one of the little cranes.

Soon enough there was a long string of beads and paper cranes that we hung from her ceiling.

"I love it" she said with a smile.

I loved her smile.

"Oh you must be KeAria, one of Tori's friends" an older women says walking into the room with a box in her hands. "I'm Fiona, I'm Tori's mom. I was Tori's mom"

"I'm so sorry" I say standing up.

"Ya know she talked about you a lot. All the memories you created with her. I want to say thank you for making my daughter so happy" Fiona says "I just came to collect her stuff, if there's anything you want feel free to have it, I already have so much of her stuff"

"Is it ok if I take the Cranes, and some of her sketches and Polaroids" I ask her mother nodding in approval at my request.

"I miss her so much" I whisper.

"I know hun, if you ever wanna talk heres my number" her mother says handing me a piece of paper.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

To Tayler: You busy?

From Tayler: no, why what's up?

To Tayler: want someone to hangout with, and could use someone to talk too. You can bring Bryce if you want.

From Tayler: let me shower and eat something then I'll head over. Be there in 30

To Tayler: Thank you

From Tayler: No problem

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

I sit in my room sketching an old picture of Blaire and I when I mess up, in turn throwing the sketchbook across the room hitting the wall near the door.

"What the poor thing ever do to you" Bryce jokes as he walks in with Tayler.

"Not really in the mood" I sigh leaning my head back.

"What's wrong" Tayler questions sitting beside me.

"I went to see Tori today, uhh, she passed away, I'm not really sure how to feel or deal with it right now. So I messaged you" I reply