Chapter 3

Ruby and Iain was happily married and they had to work on Christmas Day as Iain smiled at his beautiful wife sleeping in bed and whispered" Ruby time to wake up sweetie" as Ruby groaned and got up as they got changed into their uniform and got to the ambulance station. Their first call was a 90 year old man and his wife as the old man who was called Simon said" You are married who's that lucky man" as Ruby said" My husband Iain he works in the same position as I do being a paramedic." Simon suffered a cardiac arrest but sadly he died as Ruby said to his wife who was called Lavender" I'm very sorry Lavender but sadly he died" as Lavender said" Thanks for understanding" as Ruby hugged Iain as Iain said" Hey we know that was tough shout but you managed to do it sweetie and I'm proud of you" as Ruby rushed to the toilet and threw up as she groaned and wash her hands.

Iain said" All right Babe not pregnant" as Ruby said" Don't know Iain but I'm scared if I was pregnant" as Iain cuddled his wife. Ruby sobbed into his paramedic coat as they went into the pharmacy near the ambulance station and got a pregnancy test as Ruby did it and come up positive as Iain said" Ok Ok sweetie what do you wanna do?" Ruby choked and said" I do wanna have this baby Iain but I'm scared." Jan saw the sadness in Ruby's eyes and rubbed her shoulder saying" Ssh it's gonna be alright go home and get some rest" as Iain wrapped his scarf around his wife's neck and did it up as when they got home Gem smiled and said" What's happens to Ruby Iain?" Iain said" Found out she was pregnant" as Gem said" I'm gonna become a aunt" as Iain nodded at his little sister.