29

Possible triggers: internalized homophobia, mentions of abuse (hitting), alcoholism (alcoholic father)

"Bucky," Clint couldn't help but whisper. Everything was too peaceful to just interrupt it. He turned over on his side, pillowing his face with his bicep.
Bucky looked away from the glittering night sky and tilted his head towards Clint. "Yeah?"
"Can I," Clint licked his lips nervously. "Can I kiss you?"
Bucky's breath caught gently in his chest, a delicate flush coloring his cheeks. Clint was beautiful, the planes of his face glowing in the soft moonlight. His normally blond hair look white, lit up like this.
"Yes," he whispered, heart skipping as Clint nodded and leaned in close.
It was awkward at first, neither of them had any experience kissing. Well, Bucky did but never with a boy. He took the lead, letting Clint follow the move of his lips and brushes of his tongue when he got a bit bolder. A kiss had never felt like this before. With girls it always made his chest feel uncomfortably tight and caused his stomach to twist. But with Clint he finally understood what all the dumb romance books were talking about.
Clint pushed closer, hands finally unclenching from the blankets to grab at Bucky. He settled his hand on Bucky's cheek, thumb brushing across the soft skin of his cheekbone. He'd never kissed anyone before. Never been comfortable enough with the fact that he wanted to kiss boys. His father would beat him senseless if he saw what he was doing.
The thought alone was enough to make Clint pull away, sucking in a shaky breath. Bucky was looking at him, a soft smile on his face and stars in his eyes. How he could look at Clint like that he'd never understand. Clint was just another good for nothing, barely literate farm kid with an alcoholic for a father. Bucky deserved better. And maybe it was a bit of selfishness or just spite that had him grabbing Bucky's face again. Fuck his dad, he liked boys and Bucky was the boy he chose to like.

Dumb high school boys in love.