Disguise Fiasco

After spending several days with Dīya, Lysandria had completed step one of the plan. She had a meeting with Nobra and Lavernia the next day to discuss the next step of the plan. In her spare time, Lysandria hung out with Dīya in the courtyard. When she stepped into the courtyard she spotted Dīya and rushed over. Dīya was playing with one of her knives before noticing Lysandria and giving a genuine smile.

This had become more commonplace between the two as time went on.

"How's it going little lamb?" She asked putting her knife back in its holster.

"Good I guess" Lysandria responded, "although things are getting increasingly boring."

Dīya smirked, "that's why I've come up with a little plan," she said while grabbing Lysandria's hand. Lysandria was startled as Dīya dragged her away from the courtyard.

"Where are you taking me!?" Lysandria yelped, pulling her dress up to help her run.

"Somewhere much more interesting than this," she said leading her to the stables. When they got inside, a pair of peasant's clothing was hung up on a spare hook next to the riding gear. Lysandria looked at the clothes, then to Dīya who was leading a horse out of its stall. That's when she realized what Dīya's plan was.

Adrenaline rushed through her veins at the thought of sneaking out and exploring the city she never got to truly interact with.

"What if someone catches us?" Lysandria asked anxiously as Dīya handed her some clothing.

Dīya smirked and shrugged "they won't" she assured, "and even if we're caught, what can they really do?" Dīya hid behind the stall door, leaving Lysandria to keep watch and hold the horse. As Lysandria stood there she saw a pair of shadows at the entrance of the stable and kicked the stall door to alert Dīya. The shadows soon turned out to be Catherine and Acel. When they entered the stable Acel's eyes quickly locked onto Lysandria's while Catherine gazed up at Acel.

Lysandria caught herself and bowed, stumbling as she did so.

"Greetings your highness" she greeted. Acel nodded to her formally but his eyes regarded her with tenderness.

Catherine smiled tightly at Lysandria "Ah, Lysandria, what a coincidence that we bumped into you" she said, "what are you doing in the royal stables?" Lysandria tensed but quickly placed her hand on the snout of the horse she was holding. 

"Ah, I just love horses and wanted to spend some time with them" Lysandria replied awkwardly. 

Catherine frowned "I'm sure his highness agrees, but, you really shouldn't handle someone else's property without permission," she suggested, a certain venom hidden in her voice, "I just want to make sure that you don't get in trouble." Lysandria was taken aback by the tone of her voice. Catherine had never spoken to her like that before.

 The shock she felt must have been apparent because Acel decided to step in, "Princess Catherine, it really is alright" he assured, "Princess Lysandria has my permission to visit the stables whenever she pleases." He gave Lysandria a gentle smile that calmed her initial fear at the accusation.

 Catherine looked between the two and regained her faltering smile, "well then," she said after a small chuckle, "now that that's cleared up why don't we continue on our way." Catherine quickly put her arm through Acel's as they left and started up a new conversation, discarding whatever reason they had for coming to the stables in the first place. Once she couldn't hear them anymore Lysandria let out a large sigh and turned to the stall Dī was still crouching in.

 "The coast is clear," Lysandria said, accidentally catching a peak of Dīya with her disguise halfway on. Lysandria quickly turned around, clutching the horse's reins tighter, but the sight of Dīya's cleavage peeking out from her tunic was burned into her mind. Dīya let out a hearty laugh, only increasing Lysandria's embarrassment.

 "Lysandria!" Dīya exclaimed, "you peeping tom!" After Lysandria's heart had settled, and Dīya's laughing subsided, she stepped out of the stall. Lysandria, who had never seen Dīya in any formal dress was in awe. Dīya did an apathetic twirl before gesturing for Lysandria to change. Lysandria snapped out of her daze and nodded, handing the horse's reigns to Dīya and picking her clothes up from the corner she hid them in.

 After changing behind the stall door, Lysandria stepped out and took a deep breath. The clothing was much looser than the uniform she had been wearing up until now. Dīya was smiling warmly at her and remarked, "much more comfortable isn't it?"

 Lysandria nodded eagerly, "yeah!" Dīya laughed a bit before trapping a bucket of water nearby. 

"Now for the finishing touch," Dīya lilted. She reached one hand into the bucket, much to Lysandria's confusion, and pulled it out. With a flick of her fingers, Lysandria's face was spritzed with droplets. She let out a squeal, causing Dīya to laugh. "Let's get that stuff off of your face," she stated.

 Lysandria pulled the water out of Dīya's hands and spritzed her back. "Hey!" She yelped, pulling the bucket back, "let's just calm down for a second." She set the bucket down while giving Lysandria a wary look that made her heart race. After she pulled Lysandria down in front of her, she pulled a handkerchief out of the pocket of her apron and dunked it in the bucket before wiping at Lysandria's face. The water felt good on her face and she was reminded once again of her home.

 She closed her eyes as Dīya wiped them. When she had finished, Dīya made one last wipe from Lysandria's forehead around to her cheek. Lysandria opened her eyes and gazed into Dīya's. Their faces were so close now. Lysandria could feel Dīya's breath on her face as she moved closer.

 Her eyes flicked between Lysandria's eyes and lips. Lysandria began moving as well before catching herself.

 "Uh, are you done?" Lysandria asked, pulling away. Dīya's eyes widened as she was pulled out of her daze.

 "Yeah!" She exclaimed, running a hand across her face and through her hair. She got up and pulled Lysandria after her before beginning to saddle the horse. "Alright," Dīya huffed as she got onto the horse, "let's go!" She pulled Lysandria up onto the horse behind her and they left the stables at a walk.

 It was calming.

 That was until Dīya sped up into a gallop. The wind whipped through Lysandria's hair as she let out a yelp, gripping Dīya's waist tightly. With a wild and vibrant smile, Dīya turned back to Lysandria for just a second. They rode together all the way to the gates of the palace where they were stopped by guards.

 "Identify yourselves," one spoke up, holding his spear out in front of them. Lysandria quickly let go of Dīya's waist at this.

 "We're maids going out to collect ingredients for the kitchen," Dīya proclaimed, gesturing towards their palace aprons. The guard narrowed his eyes but lifted his spear anyway. Dīya and Lysandria gave a polite nod before they were racing once again. Lysandria gripped Dīya, her mind racing about everything that would await her in the city.