The Blue Rose

The wood was full of flowers, and Lyanna was taking all he could from each species. They are lovely, though not as beautiful as winter roses, Lya thought. There were daisies, violets, jasmine, hyacinths, geraniums, carnations... But there was no sign of blue roses. I'm in Harrenhal, far from the North, far from home. Of course it wouldn't have any blue roses.

A Lyanna did not like going to pick flowers, but the septa said it was proper of a lady to collect them. She thought that it was stupid, like a girl who dreams of her perfect prince, and she was not the typical maiden who dremt of songs and stories. I dream with swords, not with flowers, dream fights, not promised love, dream of participating in a fair, not look. It was stupid that women could not fight. 'The battles of women are giving birth' her father once said, 'The battles with swords are for men.' Women and men are the same, and Lyanna could prove it; she could win a war.

Lyanna knew that she had to come back soon, she left on the morn and she had to come back at noon; Harrenhal tournament was to be held.

He mounted his horse and left the wood. It was a beautiful wood; shrubs, herbs and leaves of the trees were of a cheerful green accompanied by the different colors of the flowers and the sky a clear blue cloudless. It was a beautiful and colorful landscape, in contrast to Harrenhal. Though Lord Whent were there and was inhabited, it was still Harrenhal gloomy; There was a melancholy in that castle, a still life, for many years it was the greatest castle of all time, is now a broken and black by the flames of the dragons that had once done in the castle of the Trident.

It was a spring day, full of flowers and colors. After the harsh winter had, spring was welcome everywhere; in the fields they began to grow, forests flourished, farmers were relieved to have longer growing, the animals were put in heat and persons of high birth out horseback riding, visiting, hunting ... It was a nice season.

When he reached the castle, it was all a revolt of people; Squires were looking shields of their masters, servants sought and brought food, waiters preparing the horses for the just; it was chaos. Almost a squire takes Lyanna ahead and grabbed his horse to keep from falling.

When Lya was crossing the field to go to their rooms and join his brothers, he saw in a corner were three guys that looked like they were hitting someone; they punched and kicked, beaten with sticks to break. But Lya realized that the victim was not screaming or sobbing.

Lya also realized that there was emblazoned on the chest of the boys; two towers, a pitchfork knight and one porcupine. Frey, Haigh and Blount. Then he fixed the guy who beat; he was not very tall, had brown-haired and green-eyed, and went with a rare green clothes, and the shield sewn into the bronze breastplate had painted a lizard-lion on a green field. Reed. He was a bannerman of his father, a crannogman from the Neck. Lya knew that the Freys and the Reeds were never friends by the fighting they had; the Freys wanted more of the Neck and the Reeds killed everyone who came to conquer the land. I have to do something. But how? She was Lyanna Stark, daughter of Lord Rickard Stark of Winterfell, but after all she was a woman, and men ignored women when they fought.

Yet I will not let you stoke to death. In desperation, she ran to the stables and took a tourney sword; she wanted to defend the crannogman but without damage to the others, at least not heavily damaged.

When she appeared again guys kept hitting the crannogman. Lyanna would have noted that they wouldn't be older than her, but they were bigger and stronger. The crannogman was worse than before; he had wounds and bruises, and was beginning to have too much blood to be only strikes.

I could not call their attention to with courtesy and the voice of a lady, they would ignore me. I had to look strong, a wolf, or rather, a direwolf, as the standard of my House. She put the sword pointing to them with both hands, took a deep breath and said in a deep and terrible voice; voice of a wolf.

'That's my father's man you're kicking' she said with her wolf voice.

With dry, cool look, Lya scared the boys; Lya noticed that the boys were more or less 13 years old. They looked at her with harsh faces.

'And who's your father, wench' Blount said.

'I do not care who his father is, but I want you in my bed' said Haigh.

'I care. She is the daughter of the wolf, a Stark' said Frey, wary.

'And that is supposed to surprise me?' said Haigh.

'She has an older brother, Brandon Stark' Blount said.

'And she's betrothed to Robert Baratheon' Frey added.

'Her brother is the great wolf and her future husband Robert? Haigh said, frightened. Sorry, my lady, I didn't know who you are, because I was so impregnated by her beauty...' He was starting to sweat. 'Well, we're going to…. have to go to ... to ... just prepare for our lords- went all running.'

They only had been frightened by the men I have, not by my roar Lya thought bitterly. She would be nothing without her betrothal and her family men.

The crannogman was trying to say something, but sputtered and would not understand.

'Have no fear, I'll carry you watch a master and then explain me why you're here', Lya smiled at him. 'Can you get up? No, I do not think you can. I'm taking you, okay?'

Lya was not strong enough to carry the crannogman in the arms or on her back, so she wrapped on arm around his shoulders and lifted him with surprising ease. He was short, and Lya was 4 inches taller than him, but he was light weighted and it did not cost too much effort, but she almost had to drag him, because he could only limp with his good leg, if you call that good leg.

The crannogman looked at her and said with pain and blood: Than ... Th ... thanks.

I will miss the first joust. But Lya did not care, she had more jousts have to see in the tournament and more tournaments to see in years. She did not care to see tournaments and jousts, because Lyanna had all her life to see.