The Brother's Wolf

Eddard was walking to his sister's quarters; he had been told that she was healing a boy.

I hope Lya will not have been the cause of the injuries, Ned thought. Lyanna was always too wild to be a lady, always liked to fight or quarrel with swords. It would not be the first time someone had done bruises. Lyanna, despite being a girl, she always found a way to fight with someone.

The women of noble birth were in the Tower of the Widow, although inappropriate Ned saw the name of the tower about who resided. It was tall, though not as much as the others; it had a melancholy air, as if the tower itself regardless of the widow. Ned gave him bad omen.

There were two guards on the sides of the big door ebony. They saw Ned. They let him go.

There he met Benjen, who was standing next to his brother Brandon. Although Benjen was a boy, comparing Ben and Brandon was like comparing a pony and a horse. There was also a master did not know, maybe one being master of Harrenhal. And, of course, was Lyanna, who tended the wounded like an abandoned puppy.

'Look who we were talking about' Ben laughed.

'Howland, If I may, I present my brother, Eddard Stark, my older brother by two years' Lya said.

'A pleasure to meet you' Ned said to the boy.

When Ned approached, he realized that the boy was about his age. Not very big, being even Ben taller, and had brown hair. It was with strips of silk, and Lyanna was a healing his wounds at his arms.

The boy made to stand, but Lya blocked him grabbing her arm.

'Don't move, or it will hurt more' Lya replied and went to Eddard 'Y'ou know that he is Howland Reed? It's Lord of the Greywater Watch, and came to take a trip to the Isle of Faces.

A crannogman, a crannogman from the Neck. The crannogman were people of the North, and the Reed House is representative of them home. Mudmen, frogeaters, names that called them nastily in the Trident. They were mysterious and queer; used bows and tridents, hunted and killed with poison and knew secrets about the swamps no one else knew. Nor out of their lands, which Ned found it strange to see one that was not in the Neck.

'I came from the Watch to discover the world' Howland spoke for the first time. 'When I went back, I found the castle and wanted to see what was happening. When I entered the field, few guys surrounded me and started beating me for being a lake. I thought I was dying or going to stop dying, but Lyanna came and saved me'.

'I can't save you again if you are not still' complained Lyanna, to the sudden movements Howland.

'Will you stay here, Lord Reed?' Brandon asked.

'Howland, I prefer it. Lord Reed sounds too much... Lord' Reed said.

'Ha, you're not the first young lord, it seems to me. Unfortunately, something tells me I'll never be Lord of something, but I will be fine with being a famous knight' laughed Ben.

'You could be at least be a knight, I'll be a Lady Baratheon' Lya stoop up with a reedy voice, ''Lady Lyanna, can I comb your hair? I love these knots of yours'' she spoke mockingly and was gesturing around them, ''Can I call you Lady Lya? We would be great friends' She started to giggle, ¿Lady Lya, Can I empty your latrine? It would be an honor clean your piss in my best dress''.

Everyone laughed at the sight of Lya dancing like a duck and singing songs about love in a shrill voice.

When the laughter ceased and Lya sat on the edge of his bed, Howland refused to stay.

'I must go back, because I can not afford to be out of the neck too long. Also, this is not my place'.

'Come now, you're a bannerman of my father, you can be here until the tourney ends' Ben replied.

'But I was-'

'Staying at the tourney, yes you will. It's time we have a crannogman between us in the tourney and you will see what is being at one' said Lya. 'Don't you want to discover the world? Well that's a different world. It is boring and tourneys are for knights and stupid ladies, but you can fight in a joust. He'll have fun' she smiled at Howland.

'Lya, You have to understand that Howland has its obligations, but would be nice to he stays' Brandon said, sounding like a Lord. Anyway, he is who he must decide.

'Please, would stay' Lya used her puppy look. 'We'll have fun'.

'All right! I'll stay. But just a couple of days. I feel that my people need me' Howland snorted.

'Well, if you stay, we have to find you a alcove for you to stay, 'said Brandon. 'Do you have clothes for court?'

'No, my lord, only these clothes and a change to travel'.

'Ben will lend you something. You're small, his clothes will be fine on you' Brandon smiled.' Well, I must go, Father wants to present myself to some Lords of the Trident. I have to know them for Catelyn' He opened the door. 'See you at the feast'.

'I'm going to look for something to Howland. Do you want something green? I hope you do not mind having a direwolf in the chest. Well, see you later' Ben went after his brother.

Lya was alone with Howland and Ned, who had not spoken for now.

'You've got to let him do what he wants to Lyanna' Ned replied. 'It is our bannerman, I do not want him to hate us' Ned said, smiling.

'Do not worry, Lady Lyanna's nice to me' Howland smiled. 'A little rough, but gentle'.

'I am a lovely little lady' Lya grinned with her best smile.

'Too much, I reckon. Well, after you've tormented the poor Howland, I will accompany him to Ben's bedroom, to dress him for the feast. Can you stand?' Howland rose with a face full of pain. 'Anyway I will help you. It is not far from here' they went out of Lyanna's room.

On the way they were talking, to make it less painful way and meet to the mysterious crannogman. He was not unfriendly, and at the end of the journey they became friends.

'It's funny', Howland said. 'Although all you are siblings, you are very different, especially Brandon and you' Howland smiled.

Yes, I am very different to be Brandon's brother Ned thought wistfully. Howland gave winced movement when they uploading a step-. Don't worry, we are near-.