sick kendra p2

part two

━━━━━ ❁ ━━━━━

Darkness still had its hold on the world when Kendra woke up.
As she shrugged Bracken's head off of hers, she took inventory of the world around her. It was still her living room, as it had been when she had fallen asleep, but the calmness of the morning betrayed the usual chaotic nature of the house.
Her throat burned and prompted her to run to the kitchen.

Socked feet slid towards the cabinets. She took a cup out, quickly filled it, and guzzled the water down.

Cough drops were what she really needed. She dug through the drawers until she found some.

Plopping one in her mouth, she took a moment to breathe.

"Are you okay?" Bracken stood in the doorway.

Opening her mouth to speak, she sucked in air and consequently her cough drop. As soon as she began to cough and choke, Bracken immediately ran to her, but she held a hand out in front of herself.

She coughed it back up. "I'm fine. I'm fine."

Once that was over, Kendra closed her eyes because when she opened them she'd have to confront how embarrassing the whole situation was.

Bracken tilted her head up. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. My throat was just sore and I needed a cough drop." She looked at clock. "What are you doing up?"

"I heard you choking in here."

"Oh. When are you leaving?"

"Well, I don't have anything to do anymore. The overhaul part for the unicorns is all done now for the fairy realm. I'd thought I'd take a vacation and visit you and your family."

"Oh. How long till you go?"

"Have I overstayed my welcome already?"

"No, but—"

"Am I that much of a burden?" Bracken grinned from ear to ear.

Kendra laughed and playfully punched his shoulder. "No, you know I didn't say that!"

Laughing and grinning, they held a long gaze.

"You're so devious for a unicorn." Kendra said.

"Maybe I am."

━━━━━ ❁ ━━━━━

the end