* PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE. A Cup of Tea
3.2k words

 Monitoring the growth of their agency showed that there was only one obvious piece left to put into the puzzle. Of course, he knew what it was. The question is, was he ready to implement it?

The answer is yes. "Shall we prepare a global audition for female trainees?"

Bang Si-hyuk was ready to put a girl group into his company, BigHit Entertainment.

However, he hasn't properly planned it out, resulting in the need for a meeting with his research staff and ended up having practically the whole staff department in the room. After all, holding an audition isn't as simple as putting up a garage sale. First of all, planning needs to be made when the proposal is approved.

I mean, why wouldn't it be approved?

Perhaps... The fame of the agency?

"How exactly would the fame of the agency cause some sort of conflict within the female auditions?" Si-hyuk asked after a staff member had piped up with the statement.

"Sir, we have countless fans of our main group all over the world, and I'm afraid announcing a female audition will put them into a frenzy," that staff explained. "And, I'm not saying we shouldn't give them all a chance. I'm just saying that if we're going to have a new girl group after all these years, it has to be the perfect group."

Another staff raised her hand and interrupted with an off topic question. "Pardon me sir, but isn't your new boy group going to debut soon?"

Si-hyuk smiled and looked at the calendar that displayed 'February 4, 2019 - Monday'. "Yes, in fact..." He then flipped the calendar to the desired date, 'April 9, 2019 - Tuesday'. "Two more months until they are introduced to the public," he hummed contently.

"They have grown well..," commented a certain famous staff in the room, to which Si-hyuk replied. "As have the boys under your care, Sejin."

Both males exchanged smiles before the CEO went back to the topic at hand. "So the question remains, are we going to hold a global audition or not?" He asked and was quickly given an answer.

"If you would like a perfectly built girl group, I suggest we scout instead of holding an audition," said a female marketing staff member. "That way, we can recognize first what we can work with, without having to draw a million girls into our agency."

Although the meeting sounded cruel and selfish towards the thousands of girls that had been dying to audition in this agency, it was more on the matter of surprising the public eye.

After all, BigHit is either known as BTS' agency, or the agency that hates females.

That isn't the case though,-even though there has no been reason stated by the CEO himself as to why he never accepted female trainees before. It all started at the disbandment of GLAM due to one of the members getting involved into a scandal. He was the one who terminated their contract and even went as far as evicting his remaining four female trainees, two of which are now in his neighbor company, Source Music. Those two have debuted in 2015 as a duo unit and is rapidly gaining success. The other two have moved into another company and became unheard of. He himself doesn't even know what company they're in and whether they're still training or not. But that was all in the past.

And it wasn't that he hates females, he just wasn't ready to try again. However, he is now, and he was in for it. Si-hyuk was enthusiastic to the thought of having a girl group debut under his agency. Everything had to be perfect, as said earlier. So perhaps scouting was the more preferable option instead of holding an audition.