iv.

[CHAPTER GUIDE]:
• <emphasis> this story is an AU, an alternative universe. The laws in this world may not be the same as the laws in their world.

•<dialogue>
- bold + italic = dialogues in Malaysian
- italic = dialogues in English
- words between dialogues different with a different font follow the general sentence's format
(i.e.) "sometimes I feel like an enslaved musician whenever I'm in this studio."
dialogue format : italic ; "an enslaved musician" - bold + italic, is the chapter title reference, not words spoken in Malaysian and is spoken in English according to the general sentence font.
⧉ ┈┈┈┈ ꧂

iv. An Enslaved Musician
4.6k words

 Friday... The day that greeted the weekend, thus exciting students and workers who await payment.

However, this certain Friday brought uncertainty to Si-hyuk's mind as he awaited a report from Sejin who had Min Yoongi stuck in Malaysia, already for two days. Yet, not one single call.

"Sir, you really gotta hand it to Lee Soh-ra," uttered the staff that was called in Si-hyuk's office to rearrange the files in his drawer. "What?" Si-hyuk asked in confusion, turning from the window to that staff still at work.

The staff looked up from the stack of files he was almost done arranging; to stacks, alphabetically arranged. The stack on the right were contracts and files that were already granted, while the stack on the right were requests that still needed approval. Requests such as collaborations, projects, and special appearances for promotion. Back then, it would be Si-hyuk that would send these requests for his seven newly sprouted bud in 2013.

Now it was his box flooding for special requests for BTS.

"I mean, you only sent her to find a girl yesterday, and she successfully came back with one on that same day... How lucky was she that she also hooked in a talented and tall girl," the staff explained. Si-hyuk smiled and nodded before turning back to the window. "I understand that Soh-ra just pulled Baebyeol in due to desperation and didn't make sure that she was fit in here, but I guess that's what the auditions for," Si-hyuk muttered out lost in thought as the anxious thought of Sejin and Min Yoongi being out there in another country and had no reports in two days already.

"I was shocked by her talent too, especially since that was her own songs she was presenting to us," the staff said,-yes, he had been there when Choi Baebyeol auditioned.

Once again, Si-hyuk just nodded.

"Then again," the staff blurted out, "she doesn't exactly look like an idol, does she..?" He said in a rather disappointed tone.

Now those... Those words made Si-hyuk's attention fully avert from the window and walk back to his seat, looking at the staff in complete confusion that had a hint of irritation in it. "Are you saying Choi Baebyeol is ugly?" He asked.

"Not that she's ugly, she just doesn't have the face of an idol sir... Her features are too sharp and she looks mature for her age, it's hardly believable that she's in college," the staff explained as he kept his head down, focusing on his work. He failed to notice the CEO's disappointed demeanor.

"An idol doesn't have a face, there is no required face for an idol," Si-hyuk started with a rather assertive tone.

This definitely drew up the attention of the staff to look up from the papers and listen to what sounds like would be a preaching from Si-hyuk. "And there shouldn't be a beauty standard for idols. Only talent should be the standard existing in idols, now if you're going to talk about talent, I judged Baebyeol's audition and I can tell you that she has more talent than any pretty idol out there," he proclaimed with a rather proud smirk. "Of course, no degradation intended."