💔We'll Walk Tall - Noctis

I miss you, (Y/n). Gods, do I miss you ...

The guilt, it's ... it's overbearing ... it feels like I'm trying to breathe on the sea floor ... you meant so much to me. I trusted you with my life, and you trusted me with yours. But I ... abandoned you when you needed me most ...

Dammit! I should've waited to leave! I should've listened to my gut! I knew something was gonna happen! I even told Ignis, but he talked away the worry, and we left.

I swear, I'm gonna make them pay for what they did to you, (Y/n). I won't just sit back on my laurels when the ones who killed you are still out there! I won't allow it -- not as a king, nor as your brother! I won't stop until every Imperial dog is dead at my feet!

...

... Gods, I'm so sorry, (Y/n)... can you ever forgive me? I don't see why you would ... I left you behind, after all. I should've brought you with us to the dungeon, but after what happened to you in the last one, I was afraid ...

You should see me right now, (Y/n). I'm a mess; I haven't slept in days; my eyes are always red and puffed from crying ... and it doesn't help that the last time we spoke, we were arguing ... I can't remember all of it, but I do remember the look you gave me before the guys and I headed out to the dungeon: the hurt I saw in your eyes continues to haunt me, day and night. That's why I haven't been sleeping lately: every time I close my eyes, I see you ...

I know I'll have to make peace with your death some day, but until that day comes ... I'll continue to keep you with me -- I'll continue to keep our memories alive, remembering you as you were ...

I wish I could've helped you, (Y/n). I never got the chance to thank you for everything you've done for me ...

-N