Leaving Me Behind - Flash Further Forward

“What does this mean for us then.” I wasn’t asking, I was forcing him to admit was he was implying. On the edge of the couch, he shifted himself so he could stare out the window, avoiding my eyes. “Say it. Man up and just tell it to me straight. You owe me that much.”

“This isn’t my doing, it’s not my fault.”

“But you’re choosing to go about it this way, it doesn’t have to happen like this for us.”

“Stop.” He said, finally looking at me. “You’re making me think I have a choice here.”

“Who says you don’t!” I just couldn’t understand why he had to do this. “There’s no reason we can’t be together!” 

“You wouldn’t understand.”

“Give me a chance to understand. Going on tour doesn’t mean you have to break up with me. It’s not that far and it wouldn’t be that hard. If you don’t want to be together then you need to tell me that, you can’t blame this on distance if that’s something we can fix.”

“I want to be with you but it just isn’t logical.”

“How is that not logical?”

“I can’t just give up everything I’ve worked for to be with you. Having you there would be a distraction.”

“Take everything and anything of yours/ours and get it out of here. I want you out when I get back.”

“Arielle, stop you’re making this much more dramatic than it needs to be. This is just a break while I focus on my career.”

“That’s the most fucked up clichéd statement I’ve ever heard in my entire life. I said I want you out and if you have any respect for me or anything that we may have ever had together which was clearly was minuscule and almost unmeasurable to you then you will stop fucking speaking to me and be gone forever. Do not call me and do not come back here if you change your mind. Do not think about me or come anywhere near me. You know where I live and where I like to hang out. If you are ever in New York do not come to these places. Stay the fuck away from me Harry. Go to fucking hell. I hope you enjoy everything you’ve worked for and thanks for wasting my time and ruining my fucking heart.” 

“You don’t get to do this and make me look like the bad guy. It wasn’t my decision to move away. I didn’t expect this, I didn’t plan this but I am dealing with what god has laid out for me.”

“Seriously you need to not say another word or else this is going to end worse than it already is.” I took my phone and left my building. With every step I took away from him I could feel the color around me drain from my vision. Once I walked out side the world was moving in slow motion, black and white.