chapter 3

A/N

important author note at end plz plz plz read 

____________________________________________

*calum pov*

i pulled zoe down the ally when i heard the guy coming after us. as i turned around to tell the guy to fuck off he pulled out a knife and brought it down on her back. he let go of the handle and ran off. zoe fell to the floor blood coming out of her back .i didn’t know what to do. every one else had  no idea what was happening they kept walking. i screamed and fell to my knees and began to cry. angel, luke and micheal turned around and ran towards us.

“what the fucking hell happend to her. we are meant to be protecting her. god damn it. if she dies who will take over the clan. we will all die. i don’t want to die calum” angel began to cry hugging zoes lifeless body. luke hugged angel and micheal went and sat against the wall.

“we need to get her to ashton” i said picking up zoe and carrying her bridal style down the ally and back onto the street. we got some weird looks and some people asked if she was alright we just kept walking to ashton. when we reached there door angel knocked. ashton opened the door rubbing his eyes. 

“what” he said looking up. it took him a second to realise who we were and what had happend. “ what the fuck guys you were meant to protect her not get her killed” he stood aside and let us enter. i walked in and placed her on the sofa. 

“she’s hasn’t died ash she is still alive. i can sense it” luke said walking into the kitchen. micheal followed him. angel sat down on the floor crossed legged in front of zoe. i lifted zoes head slightly and slid under her so her head rested on my lap. ashton had disappeared in to another room doing who knows what. i could feel zoes light breath against my leg. 

“ do you think she’s gonna die” angel spoke first playing with a blond piece of her hair. i looked at zoes back and saw were the knife had been in-paled to her back. i sighed. i didn’t know she hasn't changed in to her form. as i looked up from zoe i saw ashton walk back in the room with a book open in his hands.  he came and sat at the end of the couch. luke and micheal walked in the from kitchen and sat on the floor next to angel with a large pizza and bottles of coke. we were all just sitting there no one knowing what to say. ashton continued to read the weird looking book. as i started to stroke zoes hair ashton jumped in the air and yelled” i found it”

“you found what?” i asked raising one eyebrow. he ran towards me and showed me the page of the book he was looking at. i began to read the page. as i got to the end of the page zoe moved her head. she slowly lifted her head off my knee and sat up. no one said anything we all just watched her. she looked at luke then angel then Michael a single tear slipped out of her eye when she turned to look at me she slowly closed her eyes and took a breath when she opened her eyes she looked at ashton.

“ ash his coming for me again “ and with that she stood up and left the room. the only sound heard was zoes feet carrying her up the stairs. we all looked at ashton wanting an explanation he was looking at the wall his eyes began to water and he stood up leaving the room to. once again there was silence no one talked no one evan dared to look at one another.  

*zoe pov*

my back really hurt and i could barley breath.i need an escape i thought to myself. i stumbled to the bathroom and turned on the shower adjusting it to the right temperature. i took of my scarf and threw it through the door and back into my room. i then removed my boots and leggings leaving them in a pile on the floor. i peeled off my shirt and put it on the small pile. i couldn’t be bother to take off my underware and bra so i stepped into the shower. i bent down and removed the brick my blades were behind. i pulled out one and put the brick back into place. i slid under the warm water and lifted my arm in front of me. i saw all the little white lines on my arm from my past. i turned my arm slightly and brought the blade to it i began to cry. just as i was about to make the first cut angel burst into the bathroom i dropped the blade and hugged myself crying into my knees. i felt the water stop and a towel being placed around me. i didn’t look up for a while i just cried. 

*-*-*-*-*-*-* 1 hour later*-*-*-*-*-*-*

*zoe pov*

i had been sitting on the couch curled up in a ball for the past hour. angel, ashton and luke all went to get food. calum and micheal stayed behind and have been talking to me and trying to make me laugh. i kept getting pains in my back but i didn’t show it. i sat in silence the entire time. it was 6 and while the others have gone to get food they are also getting clothes so they micheal, calum, luke and angel can change as they decided to stay the night. i was pulled out of my thoughts when calum came and sat next to me and pulled me into his lap. i pulled myself closer to him. 

“can i play on the playstation” micheal asked timidly. i nodded once and heard him pick up a remote. calum drew small circles on my back. i was nearly asleep when i heard the door bell ring i pushed my self off cal and walked to the door. i opened it to see they were back and had 6 pizzas in there hands and a large duffle bag that I’m guessing had clothes in it. i stepped aside and let them in. as they were laying out the pizza i got angel to come up stares with me to get blankets and pillows. we walked back down stares as the boys were putting on a movie.

“what are we watching” i spoke for the first time in an hour (a/n i really felt like saying for the first time in forever :)xx). 

“IT” calum said with a questioning look as if to say ‘only if you want to’. i nodded and began to lay out the blanglets. and this is how we were for the next 8 hours, laying on the floor eating and watching movies until 2 in the morning. luke and angel fell asleep on the couch. micheal was spread out across the arm chair and ashton was about 3 feet in front of me and calum dead to the world. calum was half asleep so i stood up and started to clean up the pizza boxes and emtie bear bottles. i put everything in a trash bag in the kitchen then went upstairs to change. when i walked back down calum was still awake laying on the floor so i went and lade back in my spot next to him.

“goodnight cal” i said yawning. i rolled over and closed me eyes when calum put his arm around me a pulled me closer.

“goodnight” he said. as i was about to fall asleep i realised that everyone was comfortable with each other almost as if they were good friends and ashton was really calm about them staying over. in the last town we lived in he wouldn’t evan let my friends into the house. looking around at everyone sleeping i realised they all had the same birth mark as me and ash but on different parts of there body the same birth mark my parents had……..

____________________________

A/N 

omg i know its finally here YAY!!!!!!!

ok so if you read the description to this story it sound like zoe will be a vampire and she was but as i was writing i didn’t think it fit the story so i have changed all of the mythical creatures in to something els so yeah soz if its confusing 

love mikayla xx <3