Chapter 1

Jack had dropped Luke off at the campus of the college. He stood there hopelessly with his one suitcase that happened to be a lot heavier than Luke had intended it to be, he forgot to take out the three bottles of alcohol after all.

Luke was too shy to ask for directions to his dorm, so he just wondered around the place until someone finally handed him a map. The map didn't really help either, as Luke had a bit of trouble understanding it.

Eventually, Luke gave up trying to look cool and went into the main office and asked one of the staff for directions. The lady happily showed him to his dorm and gave him a key that he wouldn't have had if he didn't go to the office and actually get checked in.

Luke smiled at the lady and then she quickly left. He opened the door, excited to meet his roommate.

Luke unlocked the door and there in the room were two boys. One with dyed red hair lay on a bed while the other one with dark hair awkwardly stood there, starring at the other boy.

"Hi." Luke said, not knowing which one of these boys were his roommate. He was even confused of why they was hanging out together, one seemed so cool while the other looked like a complete nerd.

"Hi," the dark haired boy said, and walked up to Luke and shook his hand, "I'm Calum."

"I'm Luke." Luke replied as he tried to get Calum to stop shaking his hand.

"Is this your friend?" Luke asked Calum, referring to the boy who continued to just lie on the bed.

"Yeah." Calum giggled excitedly, "That's Michael."

"Right." Luke said, feeling very uncomfortable. Michael stood up and walked over to Luke and Calum.

"Hey." Michael said quickly to Luke before turning to Calum.

"I'll be by with my assignments next week, if I get any. See ya, pal." Michael said to Calum before leaving the dorm.

Luke went over to his bed and lay down as he was extremely exhausted from both the drive here and wheeling around his suitcase for hours.

"Don't you just love Michael," Calum said, "he's so cool, I mean, he dyes his hair!"

After hearing the word 'cool', Luke sat up.

"Cool? You don't know cool until you've met me. I even have a flask." Luke exclaimed and took his flask out of his pocket to show Calum.

"Woah, is there alcohol in there?" Calum asked. He eyes were wide open and he was very intrigued in Luke's 'coolness'.

"Hell yeah." Luke smiled and took a sip of the Fanta in the flask. "I even brought extra." Luke went over to his suitcase and pulled out the three bottles of alcohol.

"You better find a good place to hide those." Calum said. Luke shrugged and put the alcohol back into the suitcase.

"Don't worry about me." Luke assured him and patted Calum on the shoulder.

"This is so cool!" Calum excitedly exclaimed, "We're living on the edge! Michael would love you for a friend."

Luke awkwardly smiled. "How are you two friends anyway? You're both so...different."

"I kind of help him with assignments and homework and stuff. I've been doing it since high school. And in return I get to hang out with him and his group." Calum explained.

"So you're more like his slave." Luke raised his eyebrow.

"No." Calum said, extending the 'o'. But Luke could tell he was right.

"Sure." Luke laughed and took another sip of Sunkist. "Do me a favour and text Michael what big party is going to be on tonight."

"Are we going dancing tonight!?" Calum asked, jumping up and down in excitement.

"No," Luke shook his head, "I need to make an appearance."