Chapter 4: Tensions Rise

WARNING: SLIGHT SEXUAL THEMES.

The day had been long and exhausting. Plenty of people had gear they needed fixing. In fact, you were now carrying a decent-sized duffle bag filled to the brim with gears and gadgets of many kinds. It weighed your arm down with such force that a few pauses to put it down were necessary. "I'm getting to old for this.", you said to yourself, even though you weren't elderly in the slightest. "Maybe a vacation is needed to soothe that mindset of yours.", a voice replied, giving a slight chuckle at the end. You quickly shot your head up and saw the commander there, a few guards beside him. His sharp, blue eyes pierced into your soul, collecting every bit of information out of you and your movements as he could. A brief silence fell over the two of you, until you put the bag down, giving him a small smile in the process. "Oh, well hello there, Mr.- uh", you tried to remember if he had told you a name, but couldn't find any stored in your memory. "Anderson. Leo Anderson, hun.", he said, walking forward a bit. He stepped over the blood trail without looking down and took a few steps forward towards you. The Talon guards remained behind, not moving away from the spot he had assigned them. "Forgive me for not introducing myself earlier. I didn't realise you were in quite the rush, darling.", he said, almost giving out a flirtacious tone with the 'darling'. Leo tilted his head a bit and shoved his hands in his pockets. You stared at him, continuing to smile nervously. "Oh! Well, it's not a big deal.", you replied, a slight tenseness to your voice. "Anyways, you wanted to talk, right?", you questioned, eyeing the guards behind him. He must've noticed this and looked behind him, then back at you. "Of course, darling. Perhaps, alone?", he smiled. Albert's actions returned to your mind, and you were tempted to reach for your gun once more, but refrained. You stood completely frozen, scared to move. He kept giving his devious smirk and waited for your answer. All you wanted to do is say no and leave, but as of now, you felt you had no choice.

You stared into his eyes. It was like looking into an ocean. Peaceful looking on the outside, but completely mysterious on the inside. "S-Sure, just let me," you pointed at the door and slowly walked past him, never taking your gaze off of his. "get ready.", you finished, quickly scanning your hand and going inside, the door shutting behind you. The tension began to lower as you leaned against the steel door, reliving the whole event again. What should I do? Was all you could think about while you looked around the tidy room. You hung your coat onto the rack. Remove the evidence, you thought quickly as you headed towards the closet and opened the door. However, you almost screamed once you saw the one person you'd never expect to see. It was him. The mysterious man from that night.

He was leaning against the wall holding his side until he turned his head quickly and faced you. The red visor he wore once again tore at your mind. You took a step back and looked towards the door, then at him again. "What are you doing? How did you even get in here?", you whisper-shouted. He didn't answer. His armor was stacked in the corner of the closet, so all he was wearing now was his old shirt. It's blood stain still remained. Most of it was dry, but some of it was wet. He towered over you and held his wound. "It opened again.", he replied. Deja vu slowly crept up on you again, and you continued to stare at him. "Dammit!", you cursed at yourself, and went to go retrieve the med-kit once more. "I really don't have time for this. Maybe you could just go and see a-", you said, fumbling around in the drawer. "No.", he interupted. You looked at him. He leaned against the closet door frame and held his wound tightly. He was right. It would be very suspicious if he left right now. "Do you know how to fix yourself up?", you questioned, hopeful that he did know. He shook his head. Just my fucking luck, you cursed mentally. You thought about alternative exit routes, until a knock on the door snapped you out of your thoughts. "Are you doing okay in there? It's taking quite a long time for you to 'get ready'.", he said through the door, a small hint of sarcasm at the end. "Oh, uh, sorry!", you yelled staring at the man. "Just tidying up a little." After it went silent on the other side, you shoved the med-kit in his chest softly. "I know this is important, but just stay in the closet. Keep pressure on the wound and stay awake.", you looked at him with nervousness. The man stared down at you with visor and nodded, then retreated into the closet.