Chapter 14 - I love you

Demetry's POV

After breakfast, I kissed Lexi on this cheek to say goodbye. Lilly had another freak out after I did that. I told Lexi I had some homework to do and luckily she believed me. But I wanted to plan something special because she was.

After my mom asked if Lexi was my girlfriend I couldn't stop thinking about it. I didn't know if now was the right time or if I waited any longer if I'd maybe lose her. I was more scared of losing her than getting my heart broken again. I was falling for her, hard. I wanted her to be as happy as she could be.

When I got back into my house I sat in my chair thinking of what to do. I knew I wanted her to be my girlfriend and I wanted to ask her. I even asked my mom for help and after two hours I finally knew what I'd do. Something cute but not too flashy.

I was about to go out to get everything I needed when I felt my phone buzz. I checked my phone and it was Lexi, she wanted to know if I was done with my homework, oh no. I needed to hurry up. I went to the shop and picked up a bunch of candles and roses.

I rushed home and started to pull the petals of the roses off. This probably took the most time to get done. I set up all the candles in the right places and I rearranged the petals into a heart with a question in the middle. I was about to take a shower and clean myself up when I heard a knock on the door. I quickly lit all the candles in case it was Lexi.

He ran down the stairs and opened the door and it was her. Her eyes looked so beautiful in this moment, her eyeliner brought out the green in her eyes. I ran my hand through my hair, she looked so beautiful and I probably looked like trash.

"Sorry I look bad, I was planning a surprise for you, you could give me some time to shower unless you don't mind," I said smiling at the beautiful creature in front of me. "I don't mind," she said smiling back at me. Her smile made my stomach do a flip.

I held out my hand to her and she took it. I led her to my room and before we went in I covered her eyes and led her in. "Keep them closed," I said as I let go. I quickly closed my door and covered her eyes again. "You ready?" I asked, I could feel my heart rapidly beating against my chest.

"Yes," she said softly. "Okay," I said as I slowly dropped my hands. She looked surprised, the candle lit room made her face look more magical than ever. All I wanted to do was kiss her and hold her and never let go. She looked the room over, she looked a bit sad, oh no what did I do wrong.

She turned around and leaped into my arms. She hid her face in my chest. She was so adorable, I put my arms around her tightly. "This is the sweetest thing anyone had ever done for me," she said barely audible. "Anything for you," I said kissing her on her forhead. I meant it, I'd die for her.

"Is that a yes," I asked a bit worried. "Mhm," she hummed. Lexi was my girlfriend and I was her boyfriend, that made me unbelievably happy. I picked her up and she squealed adorably. I laid her down on my bed and I held her for the rest of the day doing various amounts of things. Nothing that we couldn't do in bed.

We got to know each other better and sometimes we didn't say anything but it felt like we were communicating spiritually. Connecting in multiple ways. I loved her and I wanted to say it to her over and over again, but I'd wait. I want our relationship to be perfect. As perfect as can be.

I fell asleep in her arms or she in mine I wasn't sure witch but little did I know I said: "I love you" as I fell asleep. If it was the right time or not I accidentally said it and I meant it with my whole heart.