Chapter 21 - Faerie lights

Lexi's POV

I was woken up to a very energetic Lilly jumping up and down on her bed. "PANCAKES, I WANT PANCAKES!" Lilly screamed and all I could do was giggle at her. She was the most adorable creature in the whole wide world. It didn't feel like something so pure and amazing could exist in this world but maybe there was still hope in this world.

I grabbed her little figure and pulled her into a hug. She pulled back a little and saw the tears streaming down my face and then she hugged me tighter than I hugged her. She started stroking my hair just like Demetry did. I felt so loved at that moment, I was blessed and I wasn't going to give up on having a normal life. I was going to fight to keep my reality as real as it was at that moment.

"It's going to be A-okay Lexi-poo," Lilly said trying to sound like an adult. I pulled bach and messed up her hair. "Let's go make pancakes," I said with a smile on my face. "PANCAKES, PANCAKES, PANCAKES," Lilly yelled as she jumped off the bed and headed to the kitchen.

I made plenty of pancakes but according to Lilly, it was never enough. We experimented with all kinds of coloured pancakes, we even tried making pancake art. Uncle Jack woke up because of the noise we had been making. He made pancakes with us and we ate a lot but we had a lot left. I decided that it'd be a shame to waste our beautiful art and Demetry needed to help us eat all the pancakes. Even though it looked like monsters.

I took as many pancakes as I could and went over to Demetry's house. He opened the door and gave me a wide smile. He looked at me for a few moments adoring me. Just him looking at me like that gave me butterflies. "What's with all the staring?" I asked feeling a bit flustered. "Are those the famous monster pancakes?" He asked with a grin. "Yes..." I said feeling a bit suspicious, he was up to something.

"Perfect." He said pulling me into his house. He grabbed two plates and forks and he told me to follow him. We went up the stairs and he stopped me in front of his door. "Wait here, turn around, and don't look. I'm going to put this down and then I'm going to grab something then I'll come to get you" He said in a stern but extremely cute and adorable way.

I turned around and he went into his room and did a few things before coming back out. I felt a soft material slip over my eyes and Demetry gently tied it behind my head. I could feel the excitement bubbling up inside me. Demetry always has to be such a romantic. He was the sweetest person I had ever met.

He led me into his room, his hands were on my hips as he led me into his room. I immediately stopped thinking about the surprise and I could only think about his hands. "Okay, you ready?" He asked when he closed his door behind us. My breathing was horribly uneven and all I could do was nod. "Okay." He simply said before standing behind me and untying the blindfold.

When I opened my eyes I was awestruck. I couldn't form any words all I could do was stare. There was fairie hung everywhere and the room was blacked out and made the lights glow in the darkness. He made a fort over his bed and had snacks in there. "Tada! A movie date!" Demetry said enthusiastically.

I turned around and hugged him. "You're the best and most sweetest person in the whole wide world." I looked up at him seriously. "I love you so much," I said as a tear slipped down my cheek. He wiped the tear off my cheek and held my cheek. He softly rubbed my cheek before leaning down and softly kissing me.

He pulled away too soon and said: "I love you too." He took my hand and we headed into his fort to watch movies. Yes, movies and that's all. He held me as we watched all our favorite movies. At times it was extremely hard to focus on the movies, I was hyper-aware of how his body was touching mine and how it felt when he held my hand or when he played with my hair.

We spent almost the entire day watching movies or making out while a movie was playing in the background. We found out that our tastes in movies were very similar, we even liked the movies for the same reasons. Sometimes we just talked.

"I'd never let you get taken like that again," I said because what happened the day before had been bothering me since I woke up. He was great at distracting me but it would never really go away if I didn't talk about it. "I'll never get taken like that again either okay love, don't worry your pretty little butt about me." He said smiling at me.

He saw that I was still worrying about it and he pulled me into his chest. "We'll be okay, I promise. Forever and always okay." He said then he peppered my face with kisses. "Did you just ask me to marry you?" I asked jokingly. "If I did would you say yes?" I asked smirking. "Definitely," I said proudly. "Then it's settled, off to the chapel we go." He declared.

He got off the bed and pulled me with him, he picked me up and twirled around the room as if we were a married couple. "You know for a vampire you're surprisingly light." He said joking with me. I smacked him on his arm and acted all offended. I loved how we acted around each other, I loved that we could joke and act care-free together. He was everything I needed and he would always be.