heartwarming | sanemi

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

You remembered the day where you first laid your eyes on a certain white-haired man. It was as clear as day. You could never forget the bright glint of his nichirin blade as it danced in the sky and swiftly decapitating the demon's neck. His scars popped on his body as he fought, and his eyes were intense. They were fueled with passion. Thinking back to that day now, you realised that if he never arrived, maybe your whole life would've changed. Maybe you wouldn't be standing here now, right in front of him - confessing your feelings.

Your hand made its way to your chest and tightly gripped on the area where your heart would be. You could feel it beating fast, like a drum being struck a million times. Your lips were parted but no words came out, your tongue felt like it was tied together. Sanemi was leaning against a tree as his arms were crossed. "You called me here to say something right? Well? Why aren't you speaking?" He said in his gruff voice.

Your body flinched at his tone. He sounds annoyed. You tightly closed your eyes and took a deep breath. It was now or never - this was your only chance to confess. You balled your hands into fists and mustered up all the courage you can get. Though, the tight grip on your fists softened. Why were you confessing again? You knew you were going down a dangerous pathway where you will have no chance with Sanemi. You certainly knew that you'll also end up getting hurt.

Little did you know, you caught yourself into a trance. Sanemi raised one of his non-existent eyebrows and stared at the girl in front of him. He pushed himself off the oak tree and inched closer to your face. He was close enough for you to hear him breathe which got you out of your reverie. He clicked his tongue with distaste, "Is that brain of yours working? You're wasting my time. Just tell me and leave."

The fact he was so close didn't help. His eyes were staring intently at you which caused your cheeks to feel a tingling sensation. You found yourself stumbling over your words, "I- uh, well-I might've.." You laughed nervously, "I guess.. I like you." You said. Well, it was more of a whisper but Sanemi managed to hear it. He retreated his head from your face, "Can you say that again?"

Your shoulders tensed up at his response. Thoughts raced inside your mind - you were sure that Sanemi was disgusted. You heaved out a defeated sigh, knowing that nothing could bring you back to the past and avoid this situation. "I like you, Sanemi. It's okay if you don't like me back-"

"Sure." He nonchalantly replied. He brushed his hand through his silver hair which was already blinding under the sunlight. Sanemi didn't seem that affected, but for you? Your whole world stopped. Your heart pounded harder than before to the point you could feel it jumping out of your chest. Once again, you were speechless.

"Tch. You can't seem to find the right words, huh? You look like an idiot by just standing there." He walked past you and left you there completely dumbfounded. You managed to get back to your senses and called out for his name, "Sanemi, wait! D-does that mean we're... together?"