three

wynn 

        she was at the local coffee shop down in soho, reading a book that had a ridiculously lame cover and blasting, from what I could hear, ed sheeran from her headphones. she was something different, you can tell by her face. her eyes gleamed with surprise as she continued to read, she seemed like the type of person to stay to herself most of the time. more into reading and drinking tea than having sex at a frat party.

        she was intriguing, to say the least, which made me want to talk to her even more.

        and so i did.

        i walked over to her little area in the corner of the coffee shop, the smell of a chai tea latte filled the air, the familiar scent of gingerbread and the mixture of my black coffee made me smile. she jumped a little when i moved the chair across from her out a little for me to sit, but i brushed it off and continued.

        she stopped devouring her mind in, from the looks of the cover, a horrible book and looked up with a questionable face while slowly pulling out her headphones.

        "excuse me?" she had that voice that people give off when they haven't spoken in a while, a semi type whisper.

        "what is life to you?" i asked, more than likely expecting her to call one of the baristas over to show me out.

        she lets out a soft chuckle, "what kind of answer are you even looking for?"

        i laugh and move my body to seem a bit more relaxed, "nothing in particular, just tell me," i take a quick sip of my coffee, "what is life to you? what's your idea of it's meaning? "

        and so she ponders on that question for a just a little bit more, repeating what i had asked her, "mmhm," i hum while sneaking in another sip of my coffee.

        she begins her response and each word just thrills me, her eyes light up whenever she's said something that is intricately admirable.

        she sighs as though she had just gotten done arguing, but soon after, she smiles. i can't help but not stop looking at her, the way she sews all those words together to make something so simple sound so important.

        "what's your name?" i ask

        "ella."

        i puff out my cheeks and let out a breath of air, "well, ella, you are, by far, the most intelligent yet beautiful girl i've had the pleasure of listening to, and might i add that your point of view on things is intriguing."

        "your name?" ella asks

        "wynndell, but wynn is much appreciated," i say laughing at the thought of the ridiculous name, in return she laughs as well.

    and so we sat, laughing, drinking more tea and coffee and admiring the beauty of our surroundings. the wet rain on the bright white new york side walks, the cars zooming past causing others to become drenched. the new comers entering the shop with thick newspapers hovering over their heads, it was all something to think about.

        but she was beautiful, so beautiful, and right now i all i could think about was her.