The Act Chapter #21

Courtney's POV~

I don't know how it was lunch time already but it was. It was like the week was all of a sudden going too fast for my liking at the moment. I do want Friday to happen, like so bad but I fear that the nerves will get the better of me and I'll face plant on the floor and embarrass myself, like I always do.

God help me.

After the afternoon at Tara's we had created a plan and made a deal, to never let guys be our first priority and that we help each other with anything they need with guys, like advice. As for the plan, it was a work in progress. Tara was going to try and forgive Michael, 'act' as a friend and then make him look like a fool. I think she can pull it off, it's just a matter of it running smoothly and them not continuing to fight.

Tara always happens to go missing, she was apparently in the toilets leaving Ashton and I alone once again. I looked at Ashton's school bag, it's basically all black with pockets on either side. I spot a little green thing inside his unzipped part of his bag. That's when I notice what it was.

"You still have the stuffed turtle I gave to you?" I said peeking to take a look inside.

"Yeah, haven't left without it!" He replied sweetly showing his peal white teeth.

"You mean it's been in there since the carnival?"

"Yes! Is that okay?" He pulled it out, it's big drooping eyes making it appear really cute.

"Yeah, I mean that's good because that took effort to win!" I scoffed.

"And so I saw! I have named it Calyum!"

Ashton saw me win this? Oh.

"What kind of name is that? Are you calling it a cute Asian?"

Tara's POV~

I always tell myself to just breathe and everything will be okay, nothing ever is okay. After class I told Courtney I was going to the toilet. I quickly glanced around making sure no one was in any of the stools. I stared at myself in the huge mirror, I peeked a look at my wrist seeing the ink. My vision was now a blur as I felt the warm salty tears leak out of my eyes. I never thought I would cry over such things, but everything is just too much to handle right now.

I'm mentally not stable, I can't go out there and appear happy or the annoyed person I am. I can't fake this, my eyes are red and I still can't see very clearly. I hear ringing, it was my phone. I place it to my ear and don't bother to see who it was.

"What's wrong Tara?"

Michael's POV~

Do you ever feel like you've done something to hurt someone but you don't know how to say sorry? And you know that the words you said would hurt them. Like it was your brain that triggered you to go off at them for no particular reason, when you need to escape all the anger and you just explode.

I feel empty like I'm missing someone.

I've hurt that one person so bad that I just feel empty, like nothing in this world mattered besides that person.

It's like I could feel them, I could feel the tears and the wrong I've done. The guilt built up inside of me and I need to help, I need to make sure she's okay.

I dialled her number praying she will give me a chance. She answered but leaves the talking to me. I chose my words carefully and say it with concern.

"I- How did-" she breathes. I could almost feel her breath to my ear.

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry. I just got so angry and I wanted to see you. I hope you're okay. I hope we're okay, Tara?" I wanted her to forgive me and my actions. No. I need her to forgive me, to let me have a second chance. Heck this is probably my one millionth chance.

"I need answers, we need to sort this out. Please." Tara was quiet, she was fed up with all this, I wanted us to go back to the morning when we got maccas, when we talked and laughed. When I caught her when she slipped. I want to feel the electric jolts I get through my veins when we touch.

"After school, be at the park. I'll be waiting." I looked at the floor, hoping she will show.

"For once, thank you for being nice."

"I hate feeling you cry." What am I saying? Well it was true.

"What?"

"See ya soon T."

Tara's POV~

T.

He called me T.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short chapter but I just wanted to update! I dunno what I was thinking when I wrote this...

Thank you guys for all the support and lovely comments I receive on my stories means the absolute world to me. ❤️