New Chapter #25

Tara's POV~

"Can you tell me about yourself? Considering I'm trusting you and I have no idea who you are." I burst out a thought and take another bite of my nearly gone cheeseburger.

"I'm Michael," he pauses and looks at me, his piercing green eyes showing colours of grey. "I never told you this but I was in a band." He takes a deep breath as if feeling relieved like it was a big deal.

"Okay, with who?" My brows narrow as I stare at him waiting.

"Ashton." His voice was low and bitter, like when biting into a lemon, it was sour.

"You can't just be in a band with one other person!" I laughed.

"Well Luke and Calum, too." I nod even though I have no idea who they are.

"And you never told me this because?" I attempt to raise an eyebrow like in movies but I fail and end up putting both up and probably look awkward.

"Tara, Ashton is your best friend!" Michael almost shouts and raises his hands.

"Okay, so what's the problem?"

"Look, I don't know if you will ever remember things that have happened, but you need to understand that I wasn't always nice. Not that I am now. It's just-" Michael stops and stares out the McDonald's window.

"Just spill, everything. I swear I'm like a different person because everything is like, new to me. So please, Michael I want to know."

"Can we get out of here first, somewhere more private?"

"But I'm not allowed to leave until tomorrow! And you if you haven't noticed I'm in a hospital gown!" I shriek standing up from the red seat.

"Okay," Michael looks around the place and smiles. "Follow me." He leaves his unfinished burger on the table and pulls my hand, literally dragging me along, I look back at the burger and almost force myself to run back and eat it, unfortunately Michaels pull was too strong for that to happen.

"Here we are." He opens the door which divides the dining area and the playground of maccas.

"The playground? Alright." Michael enters first as I wait.

The red coloured tunnel has a window, which I see Michaels dull coloured hair shine.

"Okay I'm coming in!" I smile to myself. Who knew 17 year olds would be in a playground. Wait am I 17 or 18? Hey has my mother came to see me yet? I need to ask her that.

"Tara are you coming or not??" I hear Michael yell.

I enter carefully, not wanting to expose anything since being in a hospital gown, at mc Donald's? Another thing that's weird and funny. I almost laugh at the thought of what this must look like to other people.

Crouching down I crawl using my hands and knees and cross my legs when I see Michael.

"This was your idea of private?" I scoffed almost choking on saliva, now that would be a horrible way to die.

"Have I always been this funny?"

"I'm gonna say no to whatever you're thinking!"

"Oh great! I'm loving life right now. Thankful to be alive. I mean can you imagine if I chocked on saliva?"

"Tara, you know you got hit by a car right? Or did you forget that too?"

"Oh yeah... I knew that, I think?"

"Geez."

"Okay anyway," I pause and burst out laughing and hold my hand up wanting Michael to listen to me. "Tell me the truth." I try to say serious but it doesn't work. "Oh my god, I hope Luke's dad says to him 'Luke I am your Father' classic!"