"Luna" Pt. 1

This chapter is very important to pay attention to little details and though it might seem boring it actually connects to a lot of future chapters! So pay attention and please don't skip!

-Wednesday (4 months after Java's)

     It's been 4 months since Henrik and I had officially accepted our fate as just friends, or former co-workers. I don't even know what we are, but it doesn't matter. I've been working on moving on. It was tough, I will say. The last 4 months had been extremely rough, but last month I had met a nice girl. I met her through an old friend of mine, it's not a very interesting or necessary story to tell but the point is, she helped me get my mind off of Henrik.

    Her name is Luna. She has blonde hair, blue eyes like the sky on a clear day and such a gorgeous smile. She looks weirdly, a lot like Henrik. Of course that's not why I'm attracted to her, though. I mean, she's very kind, funny, easy-going. There's a lot more to her than just her looks, but when I see her, it's almost like I'm looking at him, and somehow that's not a terrible thing.

When I first got her number after my friend had introduced us, we had texted for hours that night just getting to know each other. After about a week, I had the impression that she was as interested as I was, so I asked her if she wanted to go grab a coffee with me while she was in the area. That's when we really started to hit it off.

Talking with her over the phone was enjoyable, but in person- it was amazing. She was basically my idea of the perfect girl, or so it seemed from what I had known, and even now, a month later, that still stands.

She helped me with so much and she didn't even know it. I was still really hurt over Henrik and I not ending up together when I met her, i was forming bad habits, as in not sleeping enough, drinking alcohol too much, and barely getting out of bed sometimes. I'm embarrassed to say I let my life get that way over a boy I knew I didn't have a chance with, but I did- and it's over now, so it's okay.

I'm going to wait a little bit longer to ask her to be my girlfriend, though. I don't want to rush anything, no- I can't mess up another hopeful relationship.

So yeah, I guess you could say I'm completely over Henrik considering my enthusiasm about Luna, but I will still give you a run down of those first 3 months.

The first month, I did everything in my power to distract myself from the thoughts of him. I was taking every opportunity to go out and party with my friends, hook up with girls, hang out and drink with my friends, it was honestly not too terrible. I forced myself to think positively about the situation though deep down I knew that it was getting harder and harder to fake my attitude.

The nights were the worst. After a long day of laughing, forcing smiles and drinking, I'd sit in bed staring at the ceiling, a heavy feeling sinking deeper into my chest every second and I didn't know how to be rid of it. It was like the pressure and overwhelmingness of my faked appearance just all came crashing down on me every night.

I would push through it though, and I lied to myself everyday that I was doing good- I was moving on, and even though it wasn't true, I eventually started to believe it.

Then the second month came around. 2 months without any interaction with Henrik at all. No texts, no unexpected encounters or drunk calls. Obviously he was doing fine without me, and that made me angry. I wanted him to want me, and when that finally dawned on me, I let things go downhill.

I started having an attitude towards everyone and everything. I hated going out, I declined every request to see my friends and they eventually started to worry because of my sudden mood change about hanging out with them. They had thought they had done something wrong, and I wish I could tell them that that's not what it was and just say the truth, but no, it was too embarrassing at the time.

I started picking up drinking- and yes, I had already been drinking, but I mean heavy drinking. I would go down to the bar Henrik and I kissed at almost every night until the bartender began to recognize me from past nights and even he was worried about me, coming in looking depressed and getting drunk every night. He even suggested his own therapist but I, drunkly declined his offer to give me his therapist's number.

     When the third month rolled around, i really started to get bad. Half of me regretted not taking that guys offer, and the other half of me was glad because I didn't want anyone helping me. I didn't care for help at that point, I just wanted the hurting to stop for one day and I'd be okay.

   But it never did.

    My thoughts were becoming endangering to myself and my body and I had to force myself to stay away from things I could harm myself with. I locked myself in my house for days, almost never got out of bed sometimes, cried while looking at pictures of Henrik while drinking and having not showered for 5 days.

    That was my routine for that entire month. I was a drunken, heartbroken mess who just wanted to love someone and wanted to be loved. I was so damn tired of feeling alone. Feeling like I was somehow backstabbed or screwed over. Feeling hopeless, like I could never be happy.

     But one day, an old friend, Liam reached out to me to meet him at a restaurant and catch up. I actually finally considered this because I was aware of how bad I was doing and Liam had no idea about it unlike my other friends, so he wouldn't ask questions or make me feel like I was unhealthy (even though I knew I was) and I thought that might actually make me feel better, to get away with someone who had no idea about my issues or even a slight suspicion.

    So I said yes, and that was the best decision I had made.

    He had brought his old childhood friend along which was Luna. She actually wasn't from around where I lived. She lived quite a bit away, still in Norway but not a very close drive from here. She was visiting some family from down here apparently and would be staying with them for a couple months.

    I knew there was nothing going on between them because Liam had a girlfriend actually, so I felt like I was in the safe zone when asking for her number.

     Now in the present day, Luna and I have grown closer every day and are still, and when the time is right, I'm gonna ask her out.