"Demons And Dead Bodies" Pt. 10

I was still in the bathroom waiting for Henrik to return after letting everything out in my system- well, for tonight. By tomorrow, I knew I'd have the worst hangover of my life. Henrik had left to go find Luna, I asked him not to but he insisted and then convinced me by saying he'd bring me some water. I honestly just wanted to be with Henrik and him alone, but he said we needed to leave and we couldn't without her. I hadn't seen any crazy things since Henrik had come in the first time, but I was still too scared to leave the bathroom after seeing all those dead bodies and strange creatures.

     It wasn't long before the door opened again and Luna and Henrik walked in. She knelt down beside me and pulled me into her arms, which I had to admit felt a bit off after I hallucinated her sleeping with that Mike guy. "Tarjei, I'm so sorry. Are you okay? What happened?" She said, getting all up in my face to the point where I felt suffocated.

      "I think I was drugged tonight or something. I was seeing things, I saw you with that guy and dead bodies and demons.. it was a lot." I mumbled and felt Luna become uneasy at the mention of Mike. "But everything that happened is starting to fade away. I doubt I'll remember it by tomorrow."

     Henrik gave me the glass of water and i chugged it down faster than I chugged all that alcohol. "How are you feeling?" He asked with a look of pure concern and care on his face.

     "Better, but I just want to go home."

     "Here," Luna said and tossed her car keys to Henrik. "Take him home. I'm gonna stay for a bit, take advantage of the free alcohol. Stacy can pick me up later." She chuckled a bit and for a moment I was shocked that my girlfriend was going to let me go home without her drunk and sick, then drink more after I was drugged, but then again- I was too out of it to acknowledge too much around me. She kissed me on the cheek, "I'll see you tomorrow, okay babe? Get some rest and drink lots of water."

      I looked up at her with a blank expression. I was still a little confused. When Luna left the bathroom, Henrik looked down like he was trying not to say something that would hurt my feelings. "I'm gonna ask Lea to stay here just because, I- well, Luna can get out of control sometimes and... she has no limits. She doesn't really care about right or wrong, she just does what she wants no matter who it hurts."

     "What are you saying?" I asked meekly with questioning eyes.

     He looked down and sighed, "I just don't trust her. Now, let's go home, yeah?"

     "Yeah."

     The drive home felt like 5 minutes, though I knew it was about 30, and everything outside was so trippy. Everything outside was swirly and colorful, so much more vibrant than usual. There looked to be a billion stars shining in the sky even though I rarely saw stars in the city. When we got home, Henrik took me the back way because he didn't want me to get in trouble for being irresponsible and drinking the way I did. 

     Something about the way Henrik reacted to me tonight made me never want to drink again. I not only was embarrassed, ashamed and regretful, but that was nothing compared to the disappointment and pity he felt because of me. 

      We finally got up to our room and I flopped down onto the bed wishing I could just fall asleep right now, but Henrik pulled me back up, "No- you reek of vodka, you need to shower." He said, pushing me into the bathroom.

     "But I'm tired." I whined, yanking his hands off of me in attempt to push him away but he was too strong- or I was just too weak in the moment. He was very persistent though, so I let something slip out of my mouth that I shouldn't have. "I'll only shower if you join me."

      Henrik scoffed, "I see the alcohol still has a strong effect on you. Sober Tarjei wouldn't even dare to say that." he said as he started the shower and glanced at me.

      "What if I was sober? Then what would you say?" I asked. He made his way over to me and pulled my jacket off of my back. 

      He sucked in a sharp breath, fidgeting with the hem of my hoodie and shirt then lifting them up over my head at the same time so that I was now shirtless. "I would say no because I know that you'd regret it later on."

     "And why would I do that?"

     "How about instead of asking so many questions, you get undressed and shower?" He said sternly and raised his eyebrows. Before I knew it, he had left the bathroom and I was jumping into the warm water.

-Monday

      I woke up by the pain of my hangover. It felt like someone had taken a hammer and repeatedly hit me in the head as hard as they could with it. I let out a deep groan of pain and my hand went up to my forehead as if it could somehow ease the aching feeling. 

     "How is it?" A voice said from behind me. 

     I turned over on my side so that i could face Henrik. "I feel like I was hit by a truck."

     He chuckled a little but his smile faded not long after. "I'm sorry."

     "God," I said and shifted so that I was lying on my back. I rubbed my face with my hands in distress, "Why are you sorry? I should be sorry. I mean, the only things I can remember from last night were the feelings, but I can't remember anything visually or... anything like that.'

     "What feelings do you remember?"

     "Mostly, I was just confused and really scared, but there were moments that I felt warm in a sort of comforting way if that makes sense, safe, and uh- towards the end of the night, I can only remember feeling really embarrassed." I turned my head towards him, "What even happened? Do you know?"

      Henrik thought for a moment and looked away from me. "Not all of it. We thought you had been drugged 'cause you wouldn't stop talking about things you were seeing and... just stuff like that."

      "What was I seeing?" I asked, bursting with curiosity.

      "I don't know everything, but you mentioned demons, dead bodies and seeing Luna with another guy."

      As soon as he mentioned that, I remembered the reason I started drinking last night in the first place.