🦋 chapter- 07 🦋

Edited

-Liverpool- March 14th-

- Elena's POV-

The past two weeks were uneventful, but I was overjoyed and unusually cheerful. You may ask, why.

My birthday is tomorrow.

You can ask all my friends and family, they will tell you the exact same thing. I am obsessed with my birthday. It doesn't matter if I am throwing a big party, or just eating pizza in my bed all day.

When I was in high school, during the week before my birthday, I was unbearable. Reminding every single person I meet, I was really annoying person to deal with.

This side of my character, helped me to not think about my stupid ex and whatever he wants. But no matter how happy I am, I don't feel like celebrating my twentieth birthday. My mind is somewhere far away.

Maybe, my friend Simona will come. Probably Dele will be here.

Staying in bed all day, eating pizza and ice cream. Maybe a little cupcake with a candle will also be good. Oh and a bottle of champagne. That's good enough.

Currently I was reorganizing my walk-in closet. This thing is a true blessing. Having a walk-in closet was something I wanted since I was little girl.

Materialistic I know. For me though, it represents success. I am young, but I worked my butt of. I don't want to rely on somebody. I can take care of myself.

While I was putting away some of my shoes, girl can never have enough shoes, I realized that i haven't talked with my boyfriend for a week. I knew something felt weird, but I couldn't tell what.

And, of course, the paranoid Elena showed up immediately.

Is it a busy time of the season, nearing the end, but this doesn't mean he can ignore me. Even Aaron was making time to talk to me. Before and after the match.

No! We are not doing that Elena! Aaron is in the past and must stay there. Dele will call, trust him. He is your boyfriend now. Don't compare them.

Personal message to Dele🎮

Ella🍓
You are still coming tomorrow, right?

- London- March 14th-

-Dele's-POV-

I have said it a million times and I will keep saying that. I am an idiot.

Top class idiot.

There are many reasons why, but the biggest one. The worst one. The hardest pill to swallow is the fact I am a cheater. I cheated on my girlfriend. I did it again. And again. The reason why I have not called Ella for a week.

I feel guilty.

" What keeps your mind occupied for so long? Is it that Ella girl again?"

The brunette girl i spent the night with and the night before that, asked me.

Her name is Nora. She is a nice girl. Don't get me wrong, I love my girlfriend. I just did something I wasn't supposed to. I wasn't thinking with my head.

At first I thought there is nothing bad in the variety. The second time, I thought maybe one more time won't be mistake if I want it.
The third time I knew, there is no way back. I was in too deep into the mess I created.

I met Nora in January. There wasn't much happening. Then we went out for a lunch. Then the sneaky conversations. Deleting text messages, making excuses, up to the moment I have to schedule when I am seeing Ella, and when I am seeing Nora. The worst is I know perfectly well what I am doing.

" Let me take it off your shoulders Dele."

And I let her do it.

Personal message to Ella🍓

Ella🍓
You are still coming tomorrow, right?

Dele🎮
I won't make it for tomorrow babe😔
I am sorry

Seen

- Liverpool- March 14th-

-Elena's -POV-

He won't make it for tomorrow. That's the only thing i wanted for my birthday.

Now I know. He is indeed ignoring me. What does he expect? I won't beg him to show some attention to his so called girlfriend.

What can the reason can be? Tottenham's game is today. Eric even called me to ask, if Dele had come to see me earlier.

Came out none of us know what is he doing.

If your best friend doesn't know what is going on, how am I supposed to know?

I am probably paranoid again, but this means only one dammed thing. There is another woman.

I've been there already. Suspicious boyfriend on the horizon. No texts. Nobody knows where he is. And let me tell you, I cannot go back there. I cannot stay up all night, waiting for him, again. I am not ready to share. I don't want to.

I can't fight for someone again. If I do, it means I am fighting to be lied to, to be a second option.

Please, prove me wrong. Someone please tell me the story won't repeat.