🦋chapter-15🦋

Edited

-May 7th 2019-
-Liverpool-

Last few days weren't easy for every Liverpool supporter out there. I mean Heart attack FC is pretty familiar with giving their fans high heart rate, but it felt a bit too much this time.

First the game in Spain, then this nerve wracking away match in New Castle. Good that Origi is with us. Football without Origi is nothing, you cannot change my mind here. Last season I've thought his time at the club was nearing its end. But he proved me wrong.

I entered Anfield with a big smile on my face. Today is a big day. I am absolutely, one hundred percent sure the boys are capable of getting the win tonight. We are going to Madrid and I don't care how. I remember clearly my conversation with Trent last year in Kiev. No matter what, we will reach the final again. I won't rest in peace until Liverpool has their revenge. Untill we win the number six.

Of course Real Madrid had their own plans and left the competition early, but this won't change the fact how much I want to reach this final.

Like always, my seat is right behind the subs with clear view towards the away players. Again, Curtis is in front of me, with Ben Woodburn next to him.

When the ball found the back of the net for the first time, I was calm. Early goal was what we need and what will make the Spanish lads doubt themselves. Then, our captain injured his knee. And then Andy Robbo was down. Like we need more players out with injuries. If I see one more player in red on the ground, in pain, I'll jump out of my seat and run on the pitch. And I am crazy enough to do it.

Now, during the half time I am talking with Simona.

" I hope the only thing in their heads is what happened last year in Rome."

She said. I was thinking the same way.

" That will terrify them. It affects them more than they care to admit. They lost a three goal lead then and already conceded one here."

I have no idea, what Klopp had told our boys. Trent didn't tell me anything. I just want it to do its magic. Three more goals. Is it too much to ask?

The Barca players are out on the pitch again. But what made my blood boil, was the cocky smile Pique sent in my direction, that says ' I already booked my hotel in Madrid. Wanna join?'. Without much of a thinking I showed him my perfectly manicured middle finger, returning the smile. To be completely honest with you, I booked mine too.

" Stop flirting with that guy Ells! He is an enemy!"

" I am not flirting Curtis. I am just hinting what we have prepared for them."

In no time the score was 3-3 and I was losing my mind, almost falling on top Curtis in front of me. Gini has the night of his life. Stepping up when he is needed.
Now, comes the hardest. Barcelona will fight and we need our fourth goal.

The red men need to come up with something or we are heading into extra time. And penalty shootout is not my favorite.

There's it. A corner. We have Virgil and Matip. They can do the job. Focusing my attention to Trent, I saw him walking away, then unexpectedly he ran back and kicked the ball, which ended on Divock's foot just to kick it right into the net. It took me a few moments to actually realize what have happened, before loosing it.

They did the unbelievable. The comeback was full.

We have our fourth goal. It took everything in me, to not run out of my place and go to Trent and celebrate with him. Instead I hugged Simona knocking the air out of her. We were both crying, not able to hold our emotions.

All of the Barcelona players were shocked. I can see how the memories from Rome, were haunting them. I was only a bit sad for Coutinho. I still love him. He was a red after all. And I cannot be the only one who noticed the unintentional intentional little mistakes he made. If someone had put him in a red jersey at halftime, no one was going to acknowledge the difference.

All the cocky smiles were wiped off. All of the arrogance was gone. They now know which team they are playing against. And Liverpool will never give up. Ever.

Welcome to Anfield, lads. Enjoy!

The final whistle was given. We are officially going to Madrid. The feeling was unreal. All the tears, all the pain was worth it. Singing with the Kop only proves it.

Inside the tunnel I heard the music. Is either Rhian or Chambo, who played it, they are the DJ in the team. Simona excused herself to go refresh herself and I was patiently waiting for my best friend.

" I see you are quite happy with the result."

Somebody said from behind me. Turning my body to see who it was, I bumped into a tall body. Why he is so close? And how he popped out of the blue like a ninja?

" Yes, I definitely am."

It was obvious he wasn't that much sad. Like he expected it. He wasn't even trying to hide it. Or maybe I am not seeing good enough from down here. I am 156cm. We see everything in a different way down here.

" Something more to say about anyone from my team? You cannot just stay here and don't say a thing, just staring at the wall."

" Well, little one... They were the better team tonight and that young lad surprised everybody. Your friend's is good. He has a bright future in front of him."

That was unexpected. I thought he was going to be bitter, not telling me about Trent's future. But I am glad he said that. It means a lot from someone with successful career like him, to say it. And he is a Man United former player.

" He does. I guess we will meet again someday. Maybe for a another game. Who knows, you may get the win next time."

I turned on my heels, when he grabbed my wrist.

" Call me if you are coming to Spain anytime. We can go out for a drink, maybe?"

I stood there, stunned by his words. Is he really asking me out? Is he out of his mind?

" Don't you have a family and a girlfriend? I am not playing homewrecker."

At least not this time.

" We are not together right now. Or maybe I can say I am a single man now. Anyway, you know where to found me, if you want."

When he let go of my hand, I saw a piece of paper with probably his number written on it. That whole encounter was more interesting than the match itself. No, I lied with the last sentence.

" Everything alright Ell?"

" I am fine, Mona. You ready to leave? Ben is also coming with us. Let's go and find them."

" I saw you talking with..."

I didn't let her finish her thought.

" You didn't see anything. Forget it."

Now was time for a nice time spent with the two boys I've grown up with. We have a final to celebrate.