🦋chapter-08🦋

Edited

- Liverpool- March 15th-

- Elena's POV-

Early in the morning, I felt someone pulling my blanket of of me. That's the moment I realized how cold my room actually is. Like always. Why am I even surprised?

Fun fact: the day of my birthday is one of the coldest days of the month, for the past nineteen years. That's my luck.

" Good morning birthday girl! Come on! It's time to wake up!"

No. Ten more minutes won't be a problem, I believe.

" I made breakfast and coffee, Ella. Now, move your little ass away from the bed."

" No."

I managed to mumble as a respond. My majesty is not a morning person. I need at least an hour to wake up properly or even think straight.

But my dear friend Mona, who traveled all the way to Liverpool from Plovdiv, as a surprise, had something else in mind.

" We are going to London today. Its a tradition. You can't sleep all day long."

" But that was my plan for today Mona. "

" You can stay in bed as long as you want, but in our hotel room."

I sat straight in my bed. When I looked in the mirror on the other side of the room, I came to realize what a mistake was going to bed with wet hair. Curly girl problems. That's another hour of unnecessary work.

" You cannot fool me Simona. There is no chance in the world you will let me do it."

" Who knows? Maybe I am in a good mood today."

I got up from my warm and comfortable bed, put my slippers on and I reached for the mug on the bedside table. There is something about a nice cup of coffee in the chilly morning. And that is the only reason why I would be up this early.

" Give me twenty minutes and I will come downstairs."

My brunette friends nodded and left the room.

Going to London for my birthday was a tradition. The first time I was fourteen. We go to the same restaurant every time. We do the exact same thing every year. The only thing that have changed, is who I am going with.

In the beginning I was with my parents. Later, I was joined by Aaron. Until last year,when Trent and Simona accompanied me.

Standing in the middle of my walk-in closet, I saw a certain red mini dress. The same one I wore, when I set my eyes on the person I now call my ex- boyfriend. The same one that made him notice me from across the room.

How we actually met is a story for another time. It was quite a cliché, if you ask about my opinion.

- London- March 15th-

Several hours later

After we arrived in the capital of England, Simona and me quickly made our way to the hotel we are staying in. Time to get ready.

It was almost time for our reservation for dinner. The restaurant was right across the street and the club, that we were going to later, a few blocks further.

As typical Bulgarian women, we took this opportunity to put am extra time and effort to our looks. We even put makeup on for a run to the supermarket. Everyone knows that.

" It may not be the right time, but Trent told me you are seeing someone."

" Well, he didn't lie to you."

Sensing my hesitation, my girl best friend, stopped in her track.

" There is a ' but ' in the way. What's wrong?"

" I think he is ignoring me. We haven't talked properly in over a week. He said he is busy and won't make it for today. He declined my phone calls..."

" I can see where you are going here. No need to be paranoid. You don't know what he has in mind."

" You are right. It's just very similar to how my last relationship ended."

The petite girl stood in front me and wrapped her arms around my body. She is the only other people, except Trent, who knows how hard it was for me. She saw me slowly become different person. Falling apart in front of her.

" This is not the same situation Ella. You won't let it happen again. You are stronger than that. Now, wipe those tears away and lets go party."

She is right. I know better now.

Few hours have passed and I was already on my third mojito. There was no trace of unreasonable paranoia and doubt.

I was dancing, when I felt a light tap on my shoulder. Turning on my heels I faced a familiar face. Olivier Giroud. I haven't met him in a long time. The French guy is such a nice person. Probably one of my favourites.

" Hey Giroud! What are you doing here?"

" I was having a good time, when i spot a certain brown-haired girl. Happy birthday Ellie!"

I reached for a hug. Olivier gives the best hugs, trust me.

" You remember? Thank you!"

" How is your life going sweetheart? I heard you are happy."

Always concerned about my or anyone's well-being. He will always ask how are you. He will always greets, when he sees you on the street.

" I am doing well. What about you?"

" Me too Ellie. You want to meet some day. It would be nice."

" Yeah, that's a good idea. I am in London for the week. Call me when you are free."

" I will keep that in mind. See you soon Elena."

With that he left. It was a pleasant surprise to see him. Olivier was a close of friend of Aaron. Maybe they still are. Maybe not.

Anyway, I want another cocktail.

" Hey, Aaron! Yes, I found her. Elena will be in town for the week..."