🦋 chapter- 03🦋

Edited

- Liverpool- January 2019

- Elena's POV-

People say, that distance and time won't stop you. If you really want to be with someone, you will make it work.

Maybe this is the reason Dele showed up early in the morning, standing in front of my front door. Maybe something good will come from this relationship. But... its only a 'maybe'.

Now i was simply bored. After watching 'Friends' for a few hours straight, i lost interest. Don't get me wrong, I love the show. However, i could bet Dele isn't here only to watch ' Friends' with me.

" Is there a particular reason why you came, babe?"

" Um... no. Why?"

" I was thinking. Maybe you had something in mind. After all you drove for four hours. "

" I wanted to see you. Is that bad?"

" Usually, when somebody does things out of the sudden, they want something or they are feeling guilty, because of something they did."

My last sentence changed his mood completely. Like i dig out a long forgotten secret. But at least now i have his attention focused on me.

" Why would you say that? Did you talk with someone? What..."

" I was only kidding. Calm down."

" Woah... okay then. But you sure you are fine?"

" Yes, i am. I am gonna grab some drinks."

Closing the fridge, i thought. Why he was acting so weird? Is he hiding something?

Now i am being paranoid. Making up scenarios again. Guess, that's what you get after a bad previous relationship.

" Ella, can i ask you something?"

Dele wrapped his arms from behind me. I didn't hear him coming downstairs.

" Go ahead."

" What was the reason you and Aaron broke up?"

I stopped what I was doing. I froze on my spot. Memories started creeping back inside my mind. I worked so hard to keep them back, to keep them away. Its incredible how a simple questions can make you a mess.

Flashback

" I am heading out. With some friends from college. We are having lunch together. See you later Aaron!"

" Wait! Where do you think you are going?"

My so called boyfriend rose up from the couch quickly. Two seconds later he was right in front of me.

" Out with friends. We have a group project."

" Can i come to?"

" No. Its school related. I will be back in a few hours."

Aaron snapped the keys from my hand. This isn't happening again. He can't do that again.

" If i am not going, neither you are. "

" You are not the one to decide that. See you later."

Next thing i knew, i was pressed against the wall.

" I already told you. You ain't leaving this apartment. You won't go anywhere without me. You will do exactly what i say. Now go call your friends and tell them you have somewhere else to be."

End of flashback

I took a deep breath. I am stronger than him. But the moment i opened my mouth to answer Dele, i saw Trent and Henderson joining us in the living room. Out of all people the captain is the person, who Trent brought with himself. And let me tell you, none of them both was happy with the view.

" Which one of you two will start talking now?"

I looked up to see who said that. My eyes met Liverpool's skipper cold gaze. This will turn into a long, long day.