Chapter 4-2017

June 2017

Jennie POV

Mark: don't stay up late. Sleep early mandu.

I smile reading his message but immediately feels guilty for lying, I don't need to be home by 8pm. The truth is I have a part-time job now which I hid from Mark. I'm a part-time performer at a bar/club. It's not like I enjoy it or anything but it does pay me a lot. One of the girls from the hostel was the one who suggested this job and plus its only every Friday. An hour of singing (I can sing a bit) and a week worth of my usual part-time job's money. I mean who would turn down that offer. 

I walk into the building through the back door. "You're late" the owner said. I roll my eyes and say "I'll be ready in 5 mins". I walk into one of the toilets and change into my outfit. They don't have a changing room so I have no choice but to change in the toilet. I fix my outfit before walking out.

I ignore the vulgar comments I get while I walk towards the stage, its nothing new to me. I get on the stage and adjust my mic before performing. 

Taeyong POV

Taeyong POV

"One more glass." Why am I here again. This club is shit and doesn't even have nice performance. Then again I've only started coming here since two days ago. Atleast the drinks help me forget my problems. I take another shot before hearing a voice from the stage.

"Hi, I'm Jennie. For those who are a regular know me already. Today I'm taking recommendations so fire away". 

Wth she looks younger than Mark and obviously looks uncomfortable. 

"So Hot" some shouts. She smiles nervously before telling the DJ something and performing. 

I've gotta admit she has a good voice. I finish my drink and watch her perform all night.

--Time Skip--

Jennie POV  

I couldn't be bothered to change my outfit so I decided to just wear my jacket over it before grabbing my bag and checking the time. Shoot it's nearly 10. Aunts gonna kill me if I'm late. I run out of the building and instead of taking my usual way I decided to take a shortcut through an alleyway. It creeps me out walking that way but its the only way to get home on time or else Aunt will kick me out. I start walking though the alleyway clenching onto my bag. I could hear footsteps behind me so I decided to pick up my pace. Don't panic Jennie, its probably someone walking this way like you. 

"Hey" someone shouted. I ignored it and continued walking until somebody grabbed onto my bag. I turn around to see a bunch of drunk men probably from the club. I tried to pull back my bag but he was strong. 

"Aren't you the girl from the club? Wanna come with us we'll pay you." I look at them disgustingly before spitting on his face a making a run for it. Unfortunately he was a fast for a drunk person. He grabs my hair before making me turn around. "How dare you spit on my face you filthy bitch" he shouts before slapping me. I lost my balance and fall hitting my forehead on something hard. Shit that hurt. I could feel myself losing consciousness. I look at them to realise they were walking towards me smirking, Shit,shit,shit. Don't black out Jennie. Just then I heard some grunts and I tried to look but it was very blurring however I could just make out that some of the men were on the floor. Just before blacking out I could see a red-haired person walking up to me. "hey wake up...."