Chapter 5- Present Time

Jennie POV

" Hey wake up"

I open my eyes to see Yeri smiling at me. "I guess you were really tired its 12pm" she said. Wait really? I look at my phone and she's right its 12pm and to my surprise I didn't have that dream today.  "Sorry I didn't realise I slept this long".  "Unnie, why are u apologising"she asked "plus Mark hasn't woken yet". I laugh. Typical Mark. She told me to come downstairs after getting ready before leaving.

 I get up and did my morning routine and went downstairs to see Yeri preparing food. "You should have woken me up." "Its fine unnie I do this everyday anyway". I smile at her. The Yeri I knew used to be a clumsy shy girl who was passionate about dance just like me. It makes me realise how much I've missed out on my friends. 

--Time Skip--

"Mark"

"Yes Jennie" he said looking away from the TV to his left where I was sat. "Where did Yeri go"

"She went to her afternoon class. Oh I forgot to mention she majoring dance in Seoul University". I smile hearing that. 

"There's something I want to ask you." I said. He turned off the tv and turned towards me.

"I want to work at the academy." He smiles hearing this. "Jennie" he said excitedly "I was gonna ask to come and work with us to run-

"No I mean to have a small job like looking after the studio or cleaning and stuff."

He looks at me confused on what I was saying 

"What are you saying Jennie? I'm telling you to run the Academy with us and you're telling me you want work as a cleaner there?"

"Mark...I haven't danced for a while and I'm not planning right now. I want to keep my identity low for a while until I clear my mind. But I want to be closer to the Academy because it makes me feel..closer t-to him" I could feel my throat feeling dry. Don't cry Jennie. Mark looks at me with pitiful eyes. 

He gives in and says "OK but I can't let you do this for long. We need you Jennie so you better clear you mind quick" he smiles before ruffling my hair. Same old Mark. "But what about Rose, Jaehyun and the rest who knows you?"

Shoot he's right. They are definitely gonna recognise me. I think for a while "Tell them what I've just said to you, make them understand why I need to do this."

He nods and says"They'll understand but let me tell you in advance I don't think Rose is gonna be as forgiving as me. She was so upset and mad when you've left, they thought you would have at least told her before you left."

"I know. I didn't expect you to forgive me easily."

Mark smiles,"you know I can't stay mad at you for long"

"I do know that Marker!" I say laughing at him. 

"Oh I see how it is Mandu

We both started laughing at our nicknames. I missed this so much, I missed him so much. 

"So Mark, when are you planning on proposing to Yeri?"

"I'm thinking maybe after Jaehyun and Rose's wedding, she probably doesn't want to be engaged before her brother's wedding"

"hmm. I'll help you with it. Do you remember we always used to say how we have to approve each others fiance first before we can get married? I approve of Yeri" I say smiling.

He laughs and says" Phew! I thought I would have to break up with her cuz you don't approve."

"Well luckily I like her" I reply. 

"What are you guys talking about?"

We turn around to see Yeri. 

"You came back quick Babe"

"What do you mean its 6pm"

Wait what?! I look at the clock to realise she's right. 

"Geez, I didn't realise we've been talking for 4 hrs Jennie."

Yeri smiles at us and says"I'm happy you guys have been talking. I'm sure there was so much to catch up on"

"Yeah" Mark says. "Should we all watch a movie?" I nod. 

"Sure" Yeri says "Let me just get changed and then we can order Unnie's favourite black bean noodles" I smile at her. She's such a sweet girl. I'm so happy for Mark, they make such a cute couple. 

We wait until Yeri comes back before putting on a movie and watching it in the lounge cuddled up on the sofa with one blanket. Of course I was in the middle as both wanted to sit next to me. After an hour, our food got delivered and we had them with soju Yeri bought on the way here. By 9pm Mark was very drunk and it was really funny to watch. 

"Babeeee"

Yeri sighs "Yes Mark".  "I like you so muchhh, you're sooooo pretty babe." She giggles and says " I know, now lets get you upstairs before you do things you'll regret tomorrow morning." Before she drags him upstairs, she looks at me and mouths 'goodnight'. I smile and nod at her before laying down on the sofa, I couldn't be bothered to walk up to my room. The tiredness took over me and I closed my eyes.