Part Two: Pain

Overhaul hadn't been kidding when he said it would hurt. The pain ripped through my head, and it wasn't like anything I'd felt before. It was like whatever it was had turn all my grief and shame over Shinso, and all my regret about the way I was forced Bakugou, Kirishima, and Todoroki, and turned it into a spear, driving it through my skull. I struggled against the bonds, so I could do something, anything to stop it. The spear turned to fire, and then poison, streaming through my veins.

The strap of my right wrist began to fray, and the pain grew worse.

"JUST LET ME DIE ALREADY!" I cried to no one. The fabric finally gave out, and I wrenched my arm away from the chair, clawing at my face with my nails. Slowly the fire in my veins burnt out and my head cleared.

"What?" I looked at my hand, and it was covered in blood. I felt a warm liquid coating the side of my face, and pieced it together. The lock of the door clicked, and I looked up to see Overhaul.

"I see your mind is intact, although you're a little worse for wear," he said, looking at the claw marks. "Let's see if your quirk is still intact, shall we?" 

"Give me something, an object that doesn't matter," I said. Overhaul gave me a glance, then handed me the empty syringe he'd injected me with. 

I took hold of it in my hand and concentrated, searching for a sign of the man's quirk. Fear gripped my heart when I couldn't find the orb of light that normally represented a quirk.

Great, I thought. Fear is the first thing I feel on my own. 

Suddenly a light flickered into existence, and I grabbed onto it. Opening my eyes, I saw the needle disperse as its molecular structure broke apart. 

"The information provided by the Doctor on your quirk will be most useful to me. In a few days, we're expecting some changes of a sort around here. I'll need your help then, and also tomorrow. We want to turn this place into a sort of fortress. The note the Doctor wrote you should get you off campus, and other times even during your lessons. One thing to pay attention to. Whenever your classmates that participate in work studies leave, I want you to come here," said Overhaul. I opened my mouth to say something, but he cut me off. "No questions, that was the deal." I nodded my head, and he unstrapped me from the chair. I followed Mimic out of the complex.

I arrived at the the dorms, then remembered the blood that was crusting on my face. 

Those idiots will never leave me alone if they see it, I thought, frustrated. I let my hair down out of its bun so it hung in my face and I snuck into my dorm, heading straight to the bathroom after grabbing the knife from under the loose floorboard. I took out a washcloth and scrubbed away the blood, then hung it up to dry. Looking up into the mirror, I finally felt the full feeling of the loss of Shinso. I sank to my knees and curled up in a ball, sobbing.

Betrayer

Murderer

You didn't deserve his love

It's impossible for anyone to love a monster like you

The only reason Shouto is pretending he cares is because the heroes asked him to. They're scared of you, that you'll get out of control and kill someone again.

What should I do?

Just keep pushing them away. Prove to them that you can become a hero yourself, that you won't be a villain. Look at Endeavor, a hero doesn't need emotions.

But I want to love Todoroki. I want to be friends with Kirishima and Bakugou again.

Fine. Keep getting the treatments if you want, but make sure he stays away from you. He's already failed you once. Do you think he'll hesitate a second time?