City of the Fallen - Chapter 19 When things get rocky

Chapter 19

Kayden’s POV

I can’t believe she would do something so immature, I have devoted my life to that girl and all I get is her lip locking with some random guy that appears at our home.

I walked into the pine floored living room and seated on the brown cushioned sofa; relaxing until a scent so alluring caught my attention; that scent could only belong to one person and that as Kat but what was more worrying is that the scent is from her blood.

I barged into the guest room in which was radiating off the scent of moist, warm hazed blood in which could only belong to my love, the scene that was unfolding in front of me was devastating but also made me think ‘told you so’ a knife was protruding from her left thigh and the stranger who five minutes ago had his lips on my girl was now on the floor half charred like a Mexican rack of ribs.

“Don’t just stand there, pull this thing out!” Kat screamed at me with a sympathetic look but also a very apologetic look, I strolled over and hauled out the knife causing her to curse and for me to laugh and gather her in my arms and stroll into our bedroom.

Once she was set gently and comfortably on our bed, I lay next to her and decided to question her whilst she was in a less powerful state. “What happened?”

Kat’s POV

Once the guy was laid out on the bed I started to check his face; hoping nothing was broken, but as I neared I noticed immediate healing, this is when his eyes opened and I was soon on my back but grateful for my fast reflexes as his hand that now held a knife came down towards my chest but my hand was soon wrapped around his wrist and my other firmly clamped around his throat. I was not weak but he messed with the wrong girl.

I flung his body off of me but what surprised me was his feline features as he landed gracefully on all fours and as soon as he was down the knife was flung through the and straight in my left thigh, I gasped and my body took over as he pounced; as did I and my fingertips hit his throat and cut through like they were scratching frosting on a cake. But instead of a lovely juicy frosting jam inside the velvet liquid ran over her clothes and soaked her bed sheets.

“Bastard!” I smiled and took a seat preparing to take this bloody knife out of my thigh as Kayden rushed in and was clearly holding back a smirk.

“Don’t just stand there pull this thing out” I screamed knowing he was just waiting to go ‘I told you so’ and I was not in the mood for his sarcasm, cause I know I could never stay mad at such a charming charismatic guy that gave the best pleasure in bed.

Megan’s POV

I stood in my guest room observing my new surroundings; a cabinet for my underwear; an old but antique dresser which was holding a lovely make-up mirror but I wasn’t one to stay in my room all day.

That was until I sensed a very unpleasant being in the area, “It’s not possible” I whispered to myself, I jumped at the sound of Kat screaming something; she was too fast for me to understand it but I knew it was serious, I ran into the hallway and into her room with a lightning bolt in my hand ready strike any unwanted visitor.

 Instead I see a young guy lying in shreds and an injured Kat lying on the bed with Kayden looking at a dagger that was clearly portraying Kat’s velvety blood. “What happened in here?” I questioned not knowing if she was attacked or she attacked this guy.

“I was almost killed by whoever that was and he was definitely non-human, he was strong” Kat’s voice was stern and filled with warning but sadly I knew that a great threat was coming this way.

My phone began to ring, I answered quickly “Hello?” I questioned as I didn’t recognise the caller id, but soon was reassured by my lovely friend Lakkita who was also a witch like me but with her lovely Soul mate who was also one of the Fallen, his name was Roman and he was indeed powerful but I did not know if Reid or Kayden were stronger. “We will be there in one hour” her voice sounded panicked, “What’s wrong Lakkita?” worry laced within my wording, clearly she was in a state of shock, “We will tell you when we get there, just be cautious there are mercenaries everywhere” before I could reply the phone call was disconnected, concerning me more but they did say they would be here in one hour.

“What’s wrong?” I spun on my heel to see a panicked Demetria; Reid standing beside her, holding onto her waist protectively. “Roman and Lakkita are coming, they were shocked, I couldn’t understand her but all I know is that she warned me that mercenaries are out and hunting” everyone’s face dropped except a bewildered Kat who of course wouldn’t understand.

Just as I thought she spoke out “What’s wrong? Who are the mercenaries?” we all looked towards her.

“Possibly the end of us all” Reid spoke out and took us all into a silence as we heard the movement of feet outside the cabin.

“They’re here run!” we shouted as we heard the front door tear off its hinges and fly past my open door and crash into the wall at the end of the hallway.

We struck my head out in the hallway, to see a man running straight for me; my hand flew up and my lightning bolt flew through the air and hit him directly in the chest sending him hurtling into the kitchen cabinet.

“Run!” was all Reid said as he grabbed Demetria’s hand and ran through the open patio that led into the garden and fled into the forest.

I shortly followed with Kat and Kayden behind me, I just knew I had to contact Roman and Lakkita and warn them to meet me somewhere else.