Colourful Questionnaire

Your sore legs pumped over the ground in the gloomy forest, your teacher had assigned the English class you were in to write about an area over the small 7 day break you had. You were given choices between a few but after looking at the list only one caught your eye.
' Subcon forest '. Which was an interesting name and you wondered how it earned such a title. The teacher said you could make amends if you couldn't find any information online and simply go to the area. After scouring the internet for even a speck of information the only things you came out with were warnings about a deadly ghost prince and his loyal demonic servants. Which all sounded like a hoax to you, since you couldn't find any reliable information you decided to go visit the place yourself. Which is what led you to the present.

Thick branches nearly smacked you in the face as you were blinded by cobwebs. You hissed and swatted at them to make a somewhat functional path for yourself. You sighed in relief when you finally came across a trail. The surrounding area was filled with tall trees and a few small bushes, and in the distance you could almost swear you could see and bridge.

A cry was heard behind you and you quickly shot around to see the perpetrator. A crack sounded as you shot around seeing a 'ghoulish'? Looking child in a cloak of sorts and around it was a circle of tall sharp vines. You gasped and bolted behind a tree when you saw a pair of lanky arms shoot through the ground.

" FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, oh- what are you doing in my trap!? " An ear shattering voice called out from behind the tree you were hiding by.

" I-I'm sorry boss! I just saw- "

The loud one sighed interrupting the shaky voice " I don't want to hear your excuses.. At this point I might just have to make warning signs around all of my traps. "

" Just don't let it happen again, I've been noticing it's happening a lot with you especially. We might just have to put a leash on you! AHAHAHAHA "
A long silence was drawn out before you heard quiet sniffling, causing you to get up to check who or what was making the noise. Your eyes squinted in worry when you saw the cloak wearing child sitting on their knees with their hands covering up their one eye, which you could clearly see leaking out a shiny yellow substance. Seemingly like tears. You gasped and you rushed towards them.

" Are you alright, kid? " You said as you kneeled down, they jolted and skittered back. Staring up at you with a glowing yellow eye.

" Uh yeah! Uhm, please don't hurt me. " It said slowly getting up and standing. You furrowed your brows in concern.

" Well, I don't know who that other person was but if they are mean to you again you should stand up for yourself alright? " Brushing off your pants, you hoisted yourself up and turned to walk away when you felt arms wrap around your legs.

" W-wait! Please don't go.. " The kid said, tears filling their eyes again.

" Look kid, maybe you should go back to your parents or something, they're probably worried about you. " You couldn't have a child following you around, after all, the whole point of coming here was so you could get your English project done.

" But I don't have parents. No one here does! " They say wiping their eyes, they stare up at you pleadingly.

" Please! I promise I won't cause you much trouble! " The only thing bothering you in that sentence was 'much', but they were just a kid anyways, and since they lived here maybe they could provide you with the information you needed!

" Okay, but only for a little bit. You don't mind if I ask you a few questions right? "