{2}

This chapter took like two hours to write... and as I am posting this, I am officially out of my teens and now a 20-year-old...

Olivia woke up the next morning and felt like her heart was skipping beats and her stomach was full of butterflies. She was so beyond excited about spending a day with Elliot because she had a huge crush on the man that seemed very mysterious.

She got out of bed and showered and got dressed before going back and forth to the bathroom as she tried to figure out if she should do her make-up fancier or maybe even curling her hair or something. But nearly two hours of wasting her time acting like a teenager, Olivia had to leave her bedroom because Elliot was ringing the doorbell to the house she somehow managed to buy after years of working her ass off.

"Hi." Olivia smiled, as she swung open her front door. Elliot was standing there is a pair of light washed jeans, a white t-shirt, and a pair of sneakers. Olivia felt her face grow hot as she saw the muscles that were still very defined under his shirt.

"Do you have a fever? Why is your face so red?" Elliot asked, as he reached his hand out and touched Olivia's cheek. She closed her eyes tightly before speaking.

"I'm fine... just feeling different..." Olivia trailed off. She stepped back and let Elliot in before moving quietly towards the kitchen.

"Are you just now eating?" Elliot asked as he followed Olivia slowly. Olivia listened as he walked, and thought back to Elliot's comment about a month ago about sounding like a pirate as he walked.

"Uh, yeah... Did you eat at 3 this morning?" Olivia teased. She turned around once she grabbed her apple before looking at Elliot. He had a shocked look on his face as he looked around the kitchen.

"Olivia, I expected you to have a very empty house. Like, you sat on boxes that still had books in them." Elliot spoke. Olivia smiled softly before moving to where he stood. She gently brushed a few pieces of lint from his shoulder before speaking.

"I'm full of surprises, just like you." She spoke, before smiling and moving past Elliot as she took a bite from her apple.

{ooo}

Olivia got Elliot into a meeting with her supervisor at the VA center. She went to her desk and started her day as usual, and once Elliot's meeting was up he stood back and watched as Olivia worked. After his divorce, he had no interest in other women. All he wanted was his family back. He wanted his sons and his wife back, but being in a war caused serious problems and reuniting would never happen.

He really liked Olivia but had to admit to himself that he was worried about hurting her. Or being too distant for her liking. She was 36, and Elliot knew she probably didn't want to waste her time with someone who wasn't ready for a family. But he would be ready. He would be ready to be anything Olivia needed and to do whatever she wanted. He trusted her in a way he never trusted his wife.

"Oh, he's not bothering me. He's one of my co-workers that has just gotten his orders." Olivia smiled, and those words brought Elliot from his thoughts. The woman that was sitting in front of Olivia must have noticed Elliot and thought he was being creepy.

Olivia said goodbye to the woman, before standing and moving to where Elliot was standing.

"I'm supposed to help you." He spoke quietly, his voice still gruff but his eyes had grown bright. 

"Sounds good... so you can take my desk and help people. I'm going to make some copies and file a few things." Olivia spoke. She gently touched his arm before she went to turn around but Elliot grabbed her hand and stopped her. He pulled her back and turned her around before staring into her confused brown eyes.