{21}

One Month Later

Everything was tense in the house. Kathy had moved up to Buffalo to be closer to her kids, and her grandchild. Kenzie was sixteen weeks pregnant and just a few days away from finding out the gender of her baby, and Olivia was eight weeks pregnant. Both were doing good, minus the fact that Olivia was having very bad morning sickness. She had to take breaks at work to get sick, and it was really taking a lot out of her.

"I think that maybe it's time for you to quit and just stay home." Elliot frowned, as he rubbed Olivia's back with one hand and held her hair back with his other hand.

"Elliot, we still need the money. Between it being summer so our bills are higher, to having to pay extra for our insurance because Joseph is now driving, and having to pay for another baby... we need the money." Olivia frowned.

She closed her eyes tightly and tried to breathe slowly and evenly to calm herself down, but that didn't help. She got sick for several minutes before her husband spoke again. Several of their personal conversations happened in this exact same position, with sentences broken up by Olivia getting sick.

"We will be okay, Liv. You need to focus on getting through this morning sickness."

"I'm okay. I have to go to work, El... then Kenzie's appointment." Olivia sighed. She reached for the small cup of water, and Elliot had to reach for it and pass it to her because her arm wasn't long enough. She sipped from it for several moments before standing and moving to brush her teeth.

"Kathy can take-"

"Kenzie trusts me, Elliot. She doesn't have her parents supporting her, so I'll do that. And with Jacob still not being allowed in the house, she doesn't have him either."

"Speaking of Jacob... have you been transferring some money from our savings account into his?" Elliot asked, and Olivia frowned as she turned to look at him.

"He may hate me, but I still love him. I still need to take care of him."

{ooo}

Olivia flipped through a magazine as she and Kenzie waited for the tech to come out and tell them that they were ready for the sonogram. 

"How are you feeling?" Kenzie asked as she looked up from her phone.

"I'm okay... you?" Olivia asked.

"I miss Jacob..." Kenzie frowned.

"I know you do. You could call him and have him come here. I can go home." Olivia offered.

"No... he told me that someone has been moving money into his bank account." Kenzie breathed.

"That would be me. I check his account a few times a week and when he's getting down to just a few dollars, I put a little bit in." Olivia spoke.

"He doesn't deserve you, Liv. He's been such an ass, and then you keep taking care of him." Kenzie sighed.

"I feel bad for being the reason why he got kicked out. Honestly, I probably would have felt better if Elliot would have kicked me out." Olivia frowned.

"Can you drop me off at Jacob's hotel after this?" Kenzie breathed.

"Of course. I bet that he can't wait to find out if he's getting a son or daughter." Olivia smiled.

"We want a son... but I'd be happy with a daughter too."

{ooo}

Kenzie decided last minute that she didn't want Olivia in the room when she found out the gender of her baby. So Olivia just waited in the waiting room until Kenzie came out. Then she drove her to Jacob's hotel room and dropped her off. She went home from there and found Joseph and Jameson coming downstairs.