Part 9

*At Home During Christmas Break*

This year everyone was spending Christmas at Sirius's house including Edmund and I

This year everyone was spending Christmas at Sirius's house including Edmund and I. Which was something new as we normally spend it at home with our (adoptive) family but thankfully they also accompanied us this time.

We were all standing around the table eagerly waiting for Mrs Weasley to bring in Mr Weasley as he had recently been attacked by Nagini at the Ministry.

"Can't wait to open the present your mum made Ron!" I said excitedly as at home normally both Edmund and I don't really get presents as our muggle family isn't exactly in the best place financially and hasn't been for a while.

"Well get ready to be disappointed, mum always makes us some ugly sweaters" Ron said and I heard the rest mutter in agreement.

"That's nonsense Ronald, you should be grateful" Hermione scolded Ron which made him roll his eyes causing me to laugh.

At that exact moment we heard the sound of Mr Weasley's wheelchair as Mrs Weasley rolled him in.

"Here we go Daddy's back" she said as they finally made it to the table and everyone started clapping with huge smiles present on their faces.

"Sit down everybody it's time for presents" Mrs Weasley said as she started handing them out as soon Edmund and I got ours we ripped them open eager to see what we got.

Once I opened mine I saw that Mrs Weasley had knitted me a scarf with my initials on it, I really did like it and had no idea why Ron would complain about this.

"Hey Ed what did you get?" I asked and then he held up a sweater with his initials on it and he seemed pretty happy with it.

At that moment my (adoptive) mum and little sister, Sidney, walked in along side Harry and Sirius.

My little sister ran towards us and gave both Edmund and I a hug. Which caused both Hermione and Ginny to 'awww' at the sight.

Then she peered over the table as she wasn't the biggest 6 year old, actually she was pretty small compared to the rest of her class.

"Is there anything for me Teddy?" She asked our brother quietly as everyone else was busy greeting one another.

Both of our faces fell to a frown as we had forgotten to mention to Mrs Weasley about getting something for Sidney and we knew how heartbroken she'd be as she'd been affected by the financial instability of our family much more than we had.

"Here take this Sid" I said as I handed over the scarf that Mrs Weasley had made for me to her. It was a tad bit too big but it was better than Ed giving her his jumper.

She took from me and a huge smile spread across her face as she jumped onto me.

"I love it Allie,thank you!" She said and then gave me a kiss on the check and walked back to our mum to take a seat next to her.

Christmas diner ran very smoothly and I enjoyed everyone's company even Potter's but I would never let him know that.

Then we all made our way to our rooms upstairs and this time I was sharing with the girls instead of Edmund as there were more of us staying in the house and I guess I had developed a better relationship with them especially with a particular brunette.

I sat on my bed with was next to the window and looked out to see some children playing in the snow, remembering the times Edmund and I used to play together before everything had taken a turn to the worse.

"What are  you looking at me?" A voice asked from the doorway and I turned to see Hermione walk in and take a seat next to me.

"Oh nothing just some kids playing in the snow" I said which caused Hermione to lean over to take a look which caused her body to brush against mine leaving me in a temporary state of shock.

"Um sorry about that" she said as she quickly returned to sitting in her previous position as a small blush creeped over her cheeks.

"Oh don't be" I said and then my eyes widened as the words left my mouth which caused her to blush even further.

"Well I'm here to exchange presents" she said quickly brushing past what I said allowing me very little time to recover from it.

"Oh yes let me get yours" I said as I stood up and rummaged through my bag and took out a book that I had wrapped up pretty badly. I then sat back down and exchanged gifts with her.

I opened mine eagerly as I really wanted to see what she got me, I was glad to see she had got me a pair of gloves for quidditch as my current ones were pretty worse for wear.

I glanced up to see her examining the notebook I had got her, it was a smooth black but it had a gold colour capital H at the front.

"I know it's not much but..." I said as I was unable to read the expression on her face which worries me.

"No, I love it" she said as a small genuine smile appeared on her, which allowed a sense of relief to take over me. Then she wrapped her arms around my shoulders and pulled me into a hug.

"By the way I saw what you did for your sister I thought it was really cute" she said as she pulled away from me.

"Yeah we don't normally get presents like that for Christmas or at all for that matter" I replied with a little sad chuckle which caused Hermione to frown.

"Why?" She questioned as rested her hand on mine.

"Well ever since my da-Martin left my mum's being struggling to make ends met especially with 3 kids to look after so we can't really afford any gifts" I said which caused a look of pity to spread across her face which I didn't really like but I didn't say anything.

"But I thought both your parents were wizards?" She questioned further and that was something I hoped she wouldn't pick up on since it was a sore topic for me.

"Yeah my parents were but they were killed during the wizarding war so then my mum's best friend took us in and looked after us" I said which almost caused tears to spill from my eyes but held them back.

"Wow I'm sorry I didn't know" Hermione said I could once again see the look of pity on her face which I hated especially coming from her since I didn't want this to effect our friendship or whatever type of relationship we have.

"It's nothing you need to apologise about" I said as I just got up and walked out of the room once again pulling up my walls which Hermione could so easily bring crashing down.

A/N hi guys I know it's been a long time but here I am again I promise these will be updated much more regularly as I do have a lot more free time on my hands. I hope you guys enjoyed meeting the family here since they will become much more involved in the future. Have a lovely week guys. 😊