Part 19

*Slytherin Quidditch Tryouts*

It was a Wednesday afternoon and Alicia was on the quidditch pitch conducting try outs for the vacant position on the Slytherin quidditch team, she managed to get the help of a few current players which was hard as most of the Slytherin team didn't like her due to her association with the Gryffindors.

"Welcome to the quidditch tryouts as many of you know we have three empty spots to fill, first we'll do some warm-up drills and then start a match" Alicia spoke addressing the many people who had turned up to practice.

Dylan who was stood next to her split the people into two groups and guided them to each drill with the help of the other Slytherin teammates while Alicia watched all the hopefuls as they worked through the work that was set out for them.

It had been almost half an hour until Alicia decided that she had seen enough from the Slytherins and wanted to see them in a game situation and then allocated each of her current teammates a group.

"I'm sorry I'm late!" A young girl shouted as she ran onto the pitch taking all the attention away from Alicia who was talking to the small crowd in front of her.

"Why exactly did you decide to show up 30 minutes late to the tryouts?" Alicia spoke as she eyed the girl angrily.

"I was held back by Miss Mcgonal" the girl replied awkwardly as she felt uncomfortable due to all the stares she was receiving from everyone present.

"Well tell me about yourself" Alicia said as she continued to watch the girl in front of her.

"I'm Cordelia Williams and I'm a seeker" she replied timidly as she was intimidated by Alicia who was not only glaring at her but was also a lot taller than her.

Hearing those words Alicia internally breathed a sigh of relief, she had been hoping someone would turn up making sure there was a bit more competition for the position as the boy who trying out currently didn't exactly make the cut and Alicia was praying someone would show up so she wouldn't be forced to pick him.

"Alright hurry and go to the team on the left" Alicia said as she pointed to one of the groups and the girl rushed over to them, hoping to get out of the limelight as soon as possible.

Then within a few minutes everyone was up in the air playing a game of quidditch while Alicia sat on her broom in the middle watching the game unfold and examining those who were trying out and she was impressed as she did have a talented bunch and would have a hard decision to make later on in the week.

Her eyes then went up to the two seekers, and she watched them carefully most of her attention on Cordelia as she had seen enough of the boy to know he wasn't fit for the position, honestly speaking he would've made a better beater but made a mistake by trying out for the glory position.

It took about twenty minutes till as Alicia had predicted for Cordelia to catch the snitch and the trial game to end and Alicia had clear choices on who she would recruit for the team.

"Alright everyone things for attending these tryouts, I'll hang up the the team sheet in the Slytherin common room for all of you on Friday" Alicia spoke addressing the crowd and then allowing them to go to the changing rooms as she and Dylan stayed to put the balls back in their cases.

*Slytherin Common room*

Alicia and Dylan had just returned from the tryouts and were seated on the chairs in the back of the room away from all the other Slytherins.

"Do you think that girl would be a good replacement Seeker for Malfoy?" Alicia asked Dylan as she was compiling a list for the new Slytherin team.

"Cordelia, yeah I think she'd be good, she caught the snitch pretty quickly and that other kid stood no chance"  Dylan laughed quietly at himself as Alicia smiled at him and then hummed in agreement.

"Do you really believe Malfoy's reason for leaving the Quidditch team?" Alicia asked as she had finished writing up the list and then put it in her pocket.

"Honestly it doesn't matter if we believe him or not he's never going to tell us the real reason and why this sudden interest in Malfoy, don't tell me you're turning into Potter" Dylan remarked which caused Alicia to raise an eyebrow at him. It wasn't that her and Harry were not friends but he had been getting on everyone's nerves with his newfound obsession with the pure blood boy.

"First of all this isn't some sudden interest I'm taking in him this actually affects our team and as captain it concerns me that Malfoy's explanation for leaving the team was pretty lacklustre and second of all I'm not turning into Harry because this actually has something to do with me" Alicia replied to her best friend who was getting on her nerves as well, she had asked him a simple question and got all but a simple answer.

"You need to let the boy go Alicia he's not the boy he used to be, he's not our friend Draco and he showed us that ages ago but for some reason you can't seem to that" Dylan spoke infuriating Alicia further they had both agreed some time ago that they wouldn't bring up their friendship with Draco and how it came to a bitter end but the boy in front of her saw it fit although he knew how she felt about it.

"I can't believe you'd even bring that up, all of this has nothing to do with that you idiot" she shouted at her friend causing those around the pair to look at them. Alicia felt the eyes of people on her but she took no notice of them and before Dylan even had a second to reply she walked away into her dorm room. Leaving Dylan sitting on his chair alone wondering what he had done wrong.

A/N hello everyone how are you? I know it's been a long time since I updated and I'm sorry I've just had so much work to do since teachers think now that I'm in lockdown I have all the time in the world but don't worry I'll be back to updating once a week very soon. Also I'd like to know what predictions you have for what will happen please comment them since I'm interested to know. Thanks for reading and have a lovely week. 😊