Chapter Two

Carl woke up to the bright sunshine shinning through the dusty blinds that cover the old, cracked window.

He shifted from his side onto his back, wiping his face with his grimy hands.

He found a house late last night, after using his last bullet on a dead one. He ran into a herd, nothing too bad, nothing he couldn't handle.

The house he spent the night in was the only house that was unlocked or wasn't barricaded with old, mossy wood.

He pushed the couch up against the door and tied a tight knot that Shane taught him how to do.

He sat up and stretched, cracking his knotty back in the process. He got up and trudged into the kitchen and searched through the cabinets, looking for anything to salvage.

"Fruit Loops!!" Carl exclaimed, grabbing the box and carefully placing it on the table. He found a bowl and a spoon and immediately poured his breakfast into the bowl.

"Not even touched," he smiled as spooned the cereal into his mouth.

As he chewed, he heard voices. Deep, scratchy voices, like a 60-year-old man who has been smoking all his life. It had to be coming from outside.

Carl tiptoed over to the peephole in the door and looked out. He didn't see anyone. Hr crouched down and waddled toward the window, to see 2 men, a woman, and a little girl sitting on the woman's lap. They were sitting on the chairs on the porch of this house.

Right outside.

"Mother fucker," he hastily mumbled under his breath.

He crawled on all fours to the couch and grabbed his small backpack he found yesterday night and stuffed whatever he could into it-including the Fruit Loops-.

He found the steps, slowly tiptoed down them, and ran out the back door.

Only to see four walkers limping toward him.

He tries to run around them, but one of the dead grabbed onto his bulky clothes, yanking him back.

Carl let a yelp escape from his lips. A little too loud than he expected. He whipped himself around and stabbed it in its rotten head. The walker went limp and fell on top of him.

"Mother fucker!" he yelled-whispered to himself.

By the time he had gotten the walker off of his body, gunshots rang in his ears and the three lifeless monsters went crashing to the ground.

"Need some help buddy?"

________________________
Author's Note:

Sorry this was short but I promise to get stared on the next chapter v soon!! (: