Prologue

Prologue

Summary: Anne adopted Harry when he was five years old.

He had been beaten and abused.

At the age of sixteen just the scars tell about his history.

When he moves to Doncaster he meets Louis, Niall, Liam and Zayn.

A new chapter of his life begins.

Disclaimer: This is fiction, it's not real! I do not own the real people in this story! Nor do I make any profit from this work!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anne Styles remembered the day she adopted Harry like it was yesterday. A lot had happened in the years before she had welcomed the, at that time, five years old boy in her little family.

Her life had became a mess eight years before Harry's adoption. It happened on one of the happiest days in her life, the day she had given birth to a little girl, Gemma. She had been happy with her fianće, they had bought a house and the marriage was already planned, but then from one day to another everything had changed: There were complications during the birth and although the doctors tried everything after Gemma was out, all attempts were in vain: Anne became sterile. And with that the whole disaster started.

Gemma's dad broke up with her two years after her birth and left her alone, deep in depressions and sad about her sterilisation and the unconsummated marriage.

She had always loved children and had planned to get at least two, but she was alone and sterile. No way to get a brother or a sister for her little girl. She hadn't thought about adopting a child at that time, but after working out her depression the thought crept in her mind again and again.

Gemma was six years old, when Anne finally made an application for adopting a child. The chance to get one wasn't very high, especially for Anne, a single mother without much money and they had to wait nearly two years, long years with visits from the youth welfare office and other tests to check their suitability. But then finally, on a late evening, the phone rang. The leader of a children's home told her that the youth welfare office just took a six years old boy out of his family. The little boy had been beaten, abused and uncared-for. His name was Harry and he had just arrived at the children's home, which was near Anne's home, and needed a new family as soon as possible. In any other case they had choosen a married couple, but it was a special situation because Harry had been abused by his dad and was scared of men. And so they asked Anne to meet Harry. It was quite a suprise that they had choosen her, but Anne hadn't thought twice about it: She agreed to drive to the children's home at the next day.

What could it hurt to meet the little boy?

She was very excited and full of hope, but at first it wasn't easy to get the little, scared boys trust. He was in a bad state, too skinny, scars and bruises all over his pale skin and a very scared look on his beautiful face. But Anne fell in love with him almost at first sight. He was such a special boy, his face was surrounded by smooth brown curls and he had big green eyes that looked at her in a scared and thoughtful way. He refused to speak at first, but when Gemma started to play with him the tension lightened up a bit and he answered a few of Anne's questions. Slowly, quietly and with stutters in it.

The woman at the children's home decided that it was a good sign and practically begged for her to visit again. Anne had agreed to that immediately because she really liked the boy, but also because Gemma and Harry got along so well.

They visited him nearly every day and he started to make therapy's and visited a psychologist.

Over the weeks Harry flourished slowly and after his physical condition had changed to the better, Anne and Gemma made a few trips to the park with him. He also visited the Style's household a month after they first met. He wanted to stay in the room that Anne arranged for him and cried a lot on the way back to the children's home.

And so the psychologist and the youth welfare office decided, that it would be the best for the little boy to move in. A week later Anne signed the contract and adopted Harry. She cried after it, because she was so damn happy. She had just adopted the sweetest little boy from this world.

Harry took her surname and moved in. The therapy's went on and Harry caught up nearly everything he missed. He started to call Anne mum and wasn't afraid of her touching or hugging him anymore. His psychologist and the doctors were surprised by how clever the little boy was after all he had been through, he seemed like a normal child. His intelligence quotient was even a bit higher than normal, his psyche on the other side was still defective and he was traumatized. That was the reason for his nightmares and his shyness. He didn't trust people and still kept stuttering the most time he spoke.

But all in all Anne was happy with him and her life.

Harry went to school like a normal child and the only things that told about his history were the scares on his skin and his stuttering. He still was rather shy and liked to stay at home and read. When he was nine years he started to play piano and guitar. He also wrote his own songs. The music was his release from hurt, frustration and anger. He kept working with a psychologist and through the years he developed into a attractive but shy young man.

When Harry was sixteen and Gemma nineteen their life changed slightly.

Gemma moved out to go to university and Harry moved with Anne to Doncaster.

She had looked for work and found the perfect job there. Everything seemed perfect, they had found a small, old house and bought it and the high school in Doncaster had special courses and teachers for musicians.

And this is where this story started.

The story about Louis and Harry.