Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Summary: Anne adopted Harry when he was five years old.

He had been beaten and abused.

At the age of sixteen just the scars tell about his history.

When he moves to Doncaster he meets Louis, Niall, Liam and Zayn.

A new chapter of his life begins.

Disclaimer: This is fiction, it's not real! I do not own the real people in this story! Nor do I make any profit from this work!

--------------------------------------------------

Harry left the music room and went down the stairs to find Niall. The building was big and crowded, but that was only one reason for him to feel small and lost. Another reason were the stares. He felt them on his back and on his face, they tingled on his skin and they made him want to run. Away from this noisy place, back home, to his books and his piano. He saw curiosity in nearly every face, but that only made it worse, he had wanted to make friends, but it became all to much.

Too many faces, too many noises, too much.

And he felt the familiar feeling of panic rising in his chest. His breath quickened and all he wanted was room and silence. He wanted to escape, away from the strangers and from the stares.

But he couldn't escape, he was lost in the big crowd on the stairs.

Trapped between several strangers and a wall, far away from the door.

No way to get out of it quicker than the other students.

He had to calm himself down. It wasn't easy to fight back his panic attack, he felt his body tense whenever his skin brushed against someone, but he somehow reached a state where he could breath nearly properly. He knew how to calm himself after years of practice and so his heartbeat slowed and he could see clearly again. The crowd had cleared a bit and he felt like he could finally move again, when a hand grabbed his shoulder.

And the panic was there again.

Not as bad as before, but bad enough. He tried to escape the firm grip of the stranger, without looking back who it was, but he wasn't strong enough. So he turned around to see who had trapped him, muscles tensed.

A certain blue-eyed boy and two other boys he had seen in the music room were standing behind him. A raven-haired boy with earrings and Liam, the boy with the school band. He gaped at them, the panic still creeping through his veins.

Louis smiled at him and his hand finally left Harry's shoulder.

"Hey Curly!"

Harry managed something that sounded like: "H....H...Hi."

Liam smiled at him encouragingly. The next thing he noticed was the black pen in Liam's hands.

It was his pen, he could clearly see the golden H on it. It had been his grandpa's pen, the only thing he had that belonged to his old life.

The life he couldn't really remember, but felt nothing but discomfort about while thinking about it. Pictures of blood, of a crying woman and of a man with a angry face flowed his mind. He hadn't used this pen in his whole life, but he kept carrying it around. He didn't knew why and it was really stupid, but it felt like an important piece of his life. And he wanted this piece, the only thing that caused the memories to flow back into his head and had helped him to remember things back, it was a part of him, a thing that helped him to process the cruel things people had done to him. Fortunately Liam saw the expression on his face and the numerous glances to his hands and gave the pen back to him. Harry was relieved, it was still a problem for him to ask something or to talk to people. He clasped the pen harder and smiled slightly, he didn't know what to say.

"T-Thanks!"

Liam's smile widened in suprise before he answered:

"You are welcome! Seems like you lost it while you left the room. Louis found it."

Harry turned his head towards Louis and smiled again, thankful.

Zayn looked around.

"Why are you alone? Where is Niall?"

Harry shrugged, it was a barely noticeable gesture. But the boys understood him and Harry felt suprisingly good, he liked Louis' friends.

"Come on, let's look if he is outside."

Louis suggested.

Liam nodded and they walked down the hallway, that was nearly empty by now, together. Harry slightly behind them, like a shadow. He was still suprised that they wanted him to come with them, that they cared.

They met Niall outside, he had been on the way to meet Harry.

They spent the break together and Harry noticed, even after that short amount of time, that Niall blushed very often and that Liam was a nervous mess.

He smiled to himself, it seemed like there was something between them.

He would definitely find out.

-------------------------------------------------

Niall and Harry spent the rest of their day without Louis' clique, but it was fun to be with Niall too and Harry felt the first time in his life that he wanted to spent time with someone.

Every other day in his life he had wanted to go home and read.

But the experience that he had made with Niall, Louis and his friends today was different.

--------------------------------------------------

Hey! Thanks for reading this.

Give me feedback? xxxx Mimi