Chapter XI: Friends

I didn't see Michael for the next week, and I didn't really want to. I miss him, but I need some space. How would you feel if you found someone you knew was apparently dead? Yeah, it's 1000x worse when that person got killed by a SWAT team because he wiped out students in school.

Another thing that happened in that week was I never went to school. My parents thought I was at school. What I do is walk out the front door then sneak my way into my window. From there I lock my door and stay in there. I later call the school in my mom's voice and tell them I'm not feeling well. To conclude, I get out of my room at 3:15 to walk back through the front door.

I don't know why, but I just have been feeling like shit lately. I just hate myself. I think I'm fat (that's why I barely eat anymore), I think I'm ugly, and I think in useless. I also hate my life. I know for a fact my father is back cheating on my mother and I just don't wanna do anything. I want to go to a nice college, but I can't find the right energy in myself to get up and go to school to learn.

At around 3:30 on a Friday, I heard the doorbell ring. I didn't really care because I was too busy listening to music. It wasn't until the door handle of my door began to jiggle was when it got my attention. I sat up quickly in my bed and went over to my door. I stood in front of the door and stood there for a second before I slowly opened it revealing Luke. "Hey," he greeted.

"Hi," I replied.

"Mind if I come in?" he questioned.

I then opened the door wider for him and closed it behind him. When he walked in he stood there staring at me, and then I sat on my bed and he still stood there awkwardly. "You can sit," I offered smiling at his manners. He then immediately sat down like the gentlemen he is.

Luke looked at me and handed me a big folder of stuff in it. I took it from him and opened it to see a bunch of notebook paper with notes written all over it and worksheets and instructions for things all throughout it. "It's all the stuff you've missed while you were sick," he informed me. "You know all the teachers, they give you things to catch up on, so I took notes for both me and you. We're in all of the same classes, just not at the same time."

"Thanks," I responded. Wow, that was really nice. No one is so nice to me.

"It was a lot of work, I hope you're back on Monday," he told me.

I smiled and nodded. "I should be, sorry," I apologized.

"Lunch has been really lonely without you," he stated. "Now that I have someone to talk to I can't go back to sitting alone."

"I'm sorry," I apologized again. "I'm a lot better than I was. Did we have any tests or anything?"

"Yeah, a history and a science test, but don't worry, they were easy," Luke replied.

I raised an eyebrow. "A science test that was easy?" I questioned.

"I passed it with an A, and you're better at science than I am."

I took a deep breath and looked at the folder. "I know what I'm doing this weekend," I tried to make a joke out of the nearly inch thick folder of work.

"I can help you if you want," Luke offered.

I shook my head. "No it's fine," I said. "I'm more of an independent person."

Luke smiled and nodded. "I know," he said. He then hugged me and got up. "See you Monday."

I waved him off as I stated at the monster on my bed. How the hell am I going to finish all of this?

I pulled the first paper in the folder out and examined it. It was obviously for science judging by all the confusingness. I sighed and took a deep breath. Let's get started, I encouraged myself.

&&&&&&&&&&

Hours later and I'm still confused on science. I started getting really frustrated and I was about to rip the papers in half. I hated science! I couldn't do this.

I started to break down in tears this was so hard. "I can't do this," I muttered to myself. I looked over at my clock and saw that it was nearly midnight which meant my parents were asleep.

I then hopped off of my bed and went into the bathroom. I opened the medicine cabinet behind the mirror and pulled out my dad's sleeping pills. This is it, I thought. No more Aster Reid.

I looked at the ugliness that was my face in the mirror. Then I unscrewed the cap off the container. I took the cup from the side of the sink and filled it up with water. I then decided against the water and dumped it out into the sink.

Any second thoughts?,my good self conscious asked.

No, my bad one replied. Death is the only answer.

It was all so quick. I dumped the whole thing in my mouth and it took a bit to take effect, but I started to loose my senses.

As I fell back onto the cold bathroom ground, I could see bright red hair in my blurry vision. It was Michael and he picked me off of the ground and into the bath tub. He laid behind me and kissed my forehead and temple. "No," he repeatedly said. "I won't let you die. Don't do this to me. You will live, Aster."

That's all I remember before I blacked out.

&&&&&&&&&&

I woke up in the comfort of my bed and Michael in a chair staring at me. "Michael?" I asked groggily.

He jumped out of the chair and came to my side. He hugged me tight and rocked me back and forth. "You're okay, thank goodness," he whispered sweetly. "It's okay. Everything is fine. I had you throw up those pills, you're all okay now." I then heard sobbing come from the boy. "I thought I had lost you."

"No, I'm fine," I assured him not sure myself. "Don't worry."

"I won't," he said. "Now get some rest, you need it."

I watched as he sat back in the chair. "I'll be here if you need anything," he told me. I nodded as I sunk back into bed and slept the day away.