The Baby Dragon

So I sorta wrote this fic in 5 days, and it was originally supposed to be around 6,000 words, but nooo, I had so much fun writing it that it got up to 30,000+ words! It's super fluffy at first, but eventually, there's drama and action! I'm rating it T for now, since there is violence and swearing. If anyone reads the darker parts and thinks I should change it to mature, I will. Enjoy!~

Song listened to is called "Desperate Measures." It's a great AMV by PixelCreekAMVs on youtube.

The moment the crew on the Moby Dick found out they were nearing an island that wasn't on the log pose and was rumored to have dragons living on it, the one place left over in the world that anyone knew dragons were still living at, they were ecstatic. Even Whitebeard had never seen a dragon and he was old and had been in many places, so even he was looking forward to it.

There were a large group of the crew who werent going to get off the ship. They were either afraid or just not interested. Some were planning on going hunting, even if they were only a few. Dragons, dead or alive, would probably be very valuable.

Ace had a backpack on to collect interesting things. He hoped to find egg shells. He didn't agree with the others hunting them, but he couldnt stop them since some of them were the commanders. Rakuyo, Kingdew, Fossa and Speed Jiru were planning on hunting them. Some of their division members wished to as well.

Marco was planning on flying around and looking for some, just to see. He wasn't planning on hunting. Everyone was just going to explore or look for dragons to just observe or get photos with the few den dens with cameras.

When the ship saw the island as a speck in the distance, they were all on their toes in excitement. They looked carefully to see if they could see any dragons flying around it. They had no idea how many could be on the island. If there even were any. It could just be a myth or legend told long ago and just passed down.

There was a volcano that they could see, and it was a big island with what looked like a dense forest. There was a long beach as well, stretching across the part of the island they could see. They wondered how many types of dragons there were with an ecosystem as diverse as this island seemed to be.

There were also rocky areas with what looked like caves connected to the jagged cliff against the sea. Namur looked forward to exploring the caves since he could breathe underwater. Were there water dragons? He couldn't wait.

"Alright, everyone needs to be back by sundown," the captain commanded. Everyone let out quiet agreements. Suddenly, no one wanted to make any noise. The island was so quiet. Ace and Marco were the first to get off the ship, Marco flying away in phoenyx form. He, Ace and Jozu were the ones most safe on the island. Marco could heal if attacked, Ace couldn't be stabbed or hit, and Jozu could harden himself into diamond.

Everyone had the possibility of death or severe injuries. Ace walked off into the foliage, using his observation haki to sense if anything was near him. He saw the first dragons immediately. Tiny little four legged pink dragons scurried away from him and into the bushes around him, making chirping noises.

Ace grinned. There really were dragons here! He could hear the chirping of the tiny dragons around him, and saw some little furry dragons climbing up the trees like squirrels, chasing each other. Were they unafraid of Ace? If that was true and they were unafraid of all the humans, that would be bad for them.

He didn't see anymore for a while, but he did hear a loud, angry roar that caused little bird-like dragons to flee from the trees. Ace hid behind the trunk of a tree, sensing a big one somewhere near. He masked his presence, the trees around him rustling as a big dragon rushed through the forest. He peeked his head to the side to briefly see a black, spiked tail.